Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet

Začať od začiatku

"Don't even think about it, princess." Rufus warned.

Daphne halted at once and gave Agnus a nod of encouragement.

The faerian took a deep breath then continued, "when I was finally able to snatch the amulet. Rufus was too far away from the portal. So I made a call. I need to take the amulet to safety first so I left through the portal by myself." He narrated in a tone full of remorse and lowered his gaze on the ground.

"Was it really the Amulet? Why do I have a feeling that it wasn't the real reason?" Rufus asked the questions full of insinuations.

"I shouted to you that I will come back for you the first chance I get and I did." Agnus reasoned with him.

"I don't hate you Agnus. But if the situation was reversed, I wouldn't have left you. Not in a million years." Rufus answered in a voice full of disappointment.

"I have to make a hard choice. I know that the creature can't hurt you, anyway." Agnus insisted. He tried to approach Rufus but the demon turned his back on him.

"I was bleeding to death. The creature was just a lame excuse for your cowardice. You didn't choose the hard way, you chose the easy way out. But that wasn't the case, isn't it? Why do I have a bad feeling that the demon creatures knew exactly where to find me." Rufus said through clenched teeth.

"Stop it both of you. What was done was done. We will solve this when we reach home. Now, we need to focus on the amulet." Daphne said after a few moments of silence from her.

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was torn between the two of them. What was Rufus trying to say? Daphne had to stop him from revealing more. Because truth be told, she didn't know how to handle it. She was terrified of it. Betrayal was something she knew she couldn't handle at the moment.

"I just have a question. How did we end up here, Agnus? In your subconscious, I mean. After you left, the horde of demon creatures came and took me away like a sack of potato but I was sure that it was real." Rufus confronted him.

"I honestly don't know. When I came out of the portal, the amulet disappeared right before my eyes and so did the portal. I went down and I was burnt then when I passed out. When I came into, I found myself as a captive too at the demon realm." Agnus explained.

"Is being a captive includes drinking a beer with the leader?" Rufus said the words in a very icy tone.

Daphne's breath hitched on her throat. She remembered seeing a mug of beer to where she saw Agnus was sitting and being held in place by creatures. She looked at Agnus, her eyes pleading.

"He was just being cautious and playing his card wisely. The leader knew that somehow they all ended up inside my subconscious and was wary of what I can do to them if he make a rash move." Agnus explained.

"Do you have any idea how it happened? You think it was the Amulet?" Daphne was pensive when she made her queries. The whole thing was very confusing.

"I know those demon creatures. They were rabid, untamed but they seemed to be controlled by someone and they seemed to be scared of you." Rufus told Agnus in a very accusative tone.

"Please, before anything else happens here. We need to focus on finding that Amulet. The sooner, the better." Daphne begged to the two of them who were starting to have a heated conversation. She desperately wanted to change the subject. She couldn't take sides, both of them were important for her.

"Where the heck are we now?" Amelia suddenly blurted out as she jolted up. Her injury was completely healed.

"Amy! Thank Goddess, you're okay now. That's a fast recovery." Daphne ran to her friend. Happy to have her back but most importantly she was relieved to have help on the referee job.