Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue

Start from the beginning

"Look, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be insensitive to what you might went through here. But, I don't think we appeared in this damn place for no reason. I came here to save Rufus. And that's what I'm gonna do or die trying."

Amelia's words struck Daphne immobile. She looked at her friend and realised what a fool she has been. How could she let her fear get the best of her? She took another deep breath then said, "you're right. I'm sorry."

Amelia sighed. She looked at her friend worriedly and guilt was eating her heart out. She knew deep inside that she was pushing Daphne too much but she had to. She wanted to reassure her, console her. But, the words were stuck inside her throat. She let out another sigh then instead said, "any ideas where to start?"

Daphne exchanged meaningful glances with her before answering, "there's only one place they bring outsiders in this realm but first you need to shift as one of them and take me in as a captive."

"What? No. That's a stupid idea. We just sneak in at every place then go silently." Amelia argued.

"Aims, I know this place, remember? Trust me. There's no other way to go in." Daphne gave her a stern look. A look that won't accept any other answer but compliance.

"But. . ." Amelia stubbornly protested.

"No buts." D cut through her protest aggressively. "We don't have much time. We're doing it this way or I swear to Goddess that I will drag your stupid ass out of here."

"Okay, okay. Chill." Amelia gave in then shifted to a creature that have a human body but with deformed and decayed parts.

"Perfect. How you knew that they looked like that?" Daphne asked in curiosity.

"Duh. I'm a Werian. We study how every horrible creature looked like. Battle strategy." She answered in a guttural kind of voice.

Daphne stifled a laugh. She shook her head left and right from amusement. The demon looking Amelia in front of her looked very authentic in every angle except for the way she talks. The Amy way of talking, flirty in an obnoxious way.

Amelia chuckled but then turned serious and hugged Daphne. A hug full of unsaid goodbyes. They knew deep inside that they were treading on a very dangerous territory and playing a very dangerous game.

"Let's go." Amelia said afterwards. This time it was a scary, hard guttural demon voice.

Meanwhile. . .

"Where is the medalion?" Someone asked from behind him.

Agnus flinched. He knew exactly who it was but didn't look back and replied, "safe."

"I didn't asked that. I said where?" The man repeated.

"Is this why you held me back here? You know you can't have it now." Agnus insisted.

"Do you not know whom you are talking to boy?" The man's suppressed voice tells of his anger boiling dangerously.

"The real question is. . ." Agnus answered, this time as dangerously, while drinking from his mug of beer. ". . . Do you know who I am?" He finished his question with a hint of threat laced into it as he set his drink down the table.

The man from behind him was silent. Agnus took that as a sign of admission then tapped the table across him, "sit."

"You have to level up your game. We're running out of time." The man said. His dark blue eyes fixed with sapphire blue ones.

Agnus smirked, "one way or another. You will have to let me out of here with my friend."

"Your friend?" The man laughed ironically. "You don't have any friend, Augustus. Or shall I call you, Agnus?"