‡ Chapter 15 ‡

Start from the beginning

I didn’t think it would be possible for Romane to say such simple words to twist my world.  But he turned it right upside down and inside out.  Surfacing thoughts I buried, thinking I could trust The Snipers. 

Or perhaps I was getting wound up for nothing.  

A quick movement popped me out of the clouds.  The bartender slid me another shot, a small slip of paper underneath.  I read it.  The fuck do you think you’re doing?  Get going.

Vamp.  I crumpled the paper and glanced at my blond target.  Get him into private room five.  Levi and I will end it there.  Now wasn’t the time to dawdle and ponder irrelevant theories.  I gunned down my final drink and smashed it on the counter.  Showtime.  Sliding off the stool, I slithered my way closer until I was beside him. 

His sleeves were rolled straight to his propped elbows.  I noted the loose tie hanging off his neck, it dipping into the ice cubed drink. 

“Rough day?” I observed.  He didn’t bother answering and sipped at the alcohol.  I traced a lingering finger up his arm.  He sighed and turned, “Look, I’m not—” He stiffened and travelled a longing gaze across my body. 

I grinned and removed his tie from the glass, pulling him closer.  His Adam’s apple dropped.  “Oh god…”

“Is there a problem?” I asked lowly.  

His eyes wandered to my red glossy lips.  “N—no…”  His innocence fuelled the abrupt hunger in my body.  I fed at his vulnerability and drew his lips to mine.  I raked desirable hands on his torso and felt his muscles relax. 

Taunting a light feather kiss, he slipped a whimper.  I spoke under a hush whisper, “Let’s try this again.  Having a rough day?” 

His arms clung to my waist, trickling to my bottom.  “Not anymore,” he answered.

I giggled and hooked him by his tie, dragging his hear to my mouth.  I let out a string of sweet dirty nothings, sensing him melt into a pool of bliss.  Experts say particular voices trigger the pleasurable part of the human, easing the stress off.  I peeled his layers of stress with my words and soon had a thick bulge pressed against my hip.  “…Take me…What are you waiting for?” I whispered.  I lifted my thigh, brushing over his clothed flesh. 

He wheezed and quickly slurred, “I want you to meet my little friends.” 

I hummed.  “Oh baby, all night long.”

A strained groan puffed past his lips.  I released his tie and stood waiting for him to toss coins at the bartender.  I bit my lip and he stumbled, my arms catching him.  “How much have you drank?” I laughed. 

His face was painted a rich shade of red.  “Enough to believe a sexy goddess like you has flew into my bed”—he hiccupped—“I mean, life.” 

I made another laugh and even hiccupped myself.  The hot alcohol churn buzzed in my stomach.  He guided me towards the private rooms.  Taking my hand, I glimpsed up to find Vamp and Levi gone.  Pleased they’ve started moving, I stirred my direction back to my victim. 

“Hurry,” I spoke in a rasp tone.  He started shoving people, beginning to hustle.  He guided me down the stairs, towards the first room available, but I pretended tripping, jerking him past the door to the fifth one.  “C’mon,” I giggled and heaved him in.  With a ground shaking crash, he locked the door and clutched my waist, forcing our eyes to fasten.

He dropped a low groan.  Suddenly I watched his expression turn from lust to something wicked. A sea of green swarmed his eyes, filling darkness into the orbs.  His grip tightened and my breath hitched.  “It’s time for you to see my little friends.”