Chapter 38

Laney Pov

When Jamal walked out that door I didn't feel sad. I felt content. I knew the love of my life was still here with me.

"Daddy's home." He smirked. I turned to him and hugged him.

"Daddy is home." I kissed his soft lips. It felt like forever.

"Christian." Lil Jamal jumped up and hugged him. He basically pushed me away to hug Christian.

"Hello my twin." Lori smiled. Christian looked at her and had a genuine smile upon his lips. He put Jamal down and picked Lori up into a big hug. He swung her around like she was a rag doll.

"Mom and dad is going to be pissed." She said once he put her down. They both laughed. They don't even take each other serious. I know they don't take their bougie parents serious.

"I'm grown." Christian laughed.

"I'm just happy you're here." I smiled. He looked at me all over like I was a wife.

"Save that thought. I got to go make a run." I smiled.

"Where we going sis?" Lori said.

"You know." I grabbed the duffel of drugs and threw it over my shoulders.

"Bet." She walked with me towards the door.

"Where ya'll going?" His eyes went down to the duffel bag. He knew what was in it. Why he trying to stunt and play clueless?

"To Vegas." Lori said with a smirk. Her mouth is smarter than his, unfortunately.

"We just going to get our money." I shrugged. He stared at me like he didn't want me to leave his sight.

"Look, it's cool. We won't be apart again." I assured him. He just stared at me.

"I love you." He said. He made me feel uncomfortable. He made me feel like that would be the last time I hear that.

"Do you?" I asked. He stared at me with those eyes I fell in love with.

"Until I can't love anymore." He grabbed my hands causing me to drop the duffel. I didn't know what to say. I was afraid I may say the wrong thing. I didn't want to kill the mood. I simply lied my head on his chest.

"Oh come on Romeo and Juliet. Ya'll gone make my lunch come up." Lori held her stomach as if she was going to vomit. I giggled and picked the duffel up.

"Come back in one piece mommy." Lil Jamal spoke. His words touched me differently this time. I felt like I had a purpose to stay alive.

"You know me. I will never leave you hanging." I told him. He smiled and turned back to the television.

"Take care of my girl." Christian told Lori. Lori looked offended as she held her chest in shock.

"Excuse you mothafucka', but your girl is the damn tough one. Not me." We all shared a laugh.

"Lets be out." I told Lori. She opened the door. I took one last look at my family before leaving them.

We walked down and got in her car. I threw the duffel in the backseat and got in the front. She oddly watched as I buckled my seat belt.

"What Lori?" I knew she had something smart to say.

"You buckling up like I'm gone kill you. Your life is good in my hands." She giggled as she started the car. I still don't trust her driving.

"Shut up and drive." I rolled my eyes.

We drove for about five minutes when we saw a crime scene. We couldn't even see the body because there was already a white sheet over it on the sidewalk.