Chapter 35

Jamal Pov

It shouldn't be this hard to find this girl. I heard she resigned in Atlanta. At least that's where the feds say she is. But there is no trace of her. She got me out here looking like a bum ass nigga for her. I'm rocking these clothes like i'm stuck in the 90s. 

I found this gas station in this hood ass neighborhood. It looked like they got robbed a lot. I decided to go in and ask about shorty.

"Yo, B." I walked in and everyone turned to me. There was a dice game going on. People were drinking everywhere.This looked like a hang out spot. 

"Who are you homeboy?" They sounded so country here. People in New York talk totally different. 

"I want to know if you seen shorty." I grabbed the balled picture out my pocket. I kept it for years. It was a picture of Laney and I back in our fugitive days. 

The guys all leaned in to look at the picture. They then started bagging away while looking at me in a weird way.

"Sorry for the introduction man. You're like a legend out here." One dude spoke. I wasnt even interested in what he was saying. I just wanted my girl.

"Where is Laney?" I asked. A dude came from the back wearing all black. He had jailhouse tatts all over him. He aint scare me like he thought he did.

"Who the fuck is you lil homie?" Dude disrespected me. 

"Who the fuck is you, B?" He started moving closer to him. 

"I'm the motherfucker keeping you live right now." He showed me the gun tucked in his baggy pants. 

"Yo chill, Black. This Jamal. This your girl's old man." One lil homie explained. Black didn't look phased. He looked me up and down and smirked.

"Bitch introduce yourself better next time. You ain't in New York." Black smacked his lips and walked back to the back. I'm confused because everybody giving me this run around ass story.  

"So in so many words you bitch ass niggas don't know where my girl is." I was pissed off now. They wasting a nigga time for no fucking reason at all.

"Oh she be hanging out over on Carter street." One boy finally told me. I shook my head at the young niggas. They was acting like they was talking to jay Z or somebody. I aint no fucking body. 

"Anybody can tell me where that is?" I asked.

"You dont have GPS on your phone?" He asked. 

"Nigga do it look like i got a fucking phone?! I just got out of prison lil nigga." I said. 

"It's literally two blocks over. You'll see the sign." He said. I turned to walk out the door but i felt something. I dont know this feeling. Im not familiar with it.

"Yall sell some cheap flowers or something in here?" I asked. By time i turned back to them i saw Black standing there with them. 

"For what?" Black asked.

"For my motherfucking girl." I told him. He laughed once again.

"Christian's girl.Don't come into her life fucking everything up for my girl. She worked too hard on forgetting you." Black said. I felt bad. It's probably best to stay out her life. She's better off without me. Her and that cornball deserve each other.

"So what about me?" I asked.

"Go back to New York big homie. You got a life outside of this." One lil guy said. 

"Or you can go fuck her life up and drag her back into that lifestyle." Black said.

I just stood there looking stupid. For the first time i wish i was actually dead. I felt like i did all of this for nothing. Then i can't break lil homie heart because he crazy about Laney. Laney lil ass probably crazy about him too.