Chapter 10

Christian POV

It's ten minutes into first period and Mya is a no show. She know how crazy Ms. Taylor is. She already be picking on Mya.

"Have anyone seen Johnson?" Mrs. Taylor asked the class.

"Now Mrs. Taylor! You know it's about a million people with that last name." A boy said causing the whole class to laugh.

"Mya Johnson." Mrs. Taylor said annoyed.

"I'm right here." Mya quietly spoke as she walked in. I wonder why she put on this quiet shy role at school. Outside of school she like a fucking criminal. Sneaky.

"Take a seat!" Teacher said sternly.

Mya sat quickly in the seat next to me.

"Where you been Mya?" I asked her.

"Had the shits." She said.

"You ain't been in the bathroom that long!" I'm just gone leave that situation alone.

"Today we will be balancing equations." Mrs. Taylor said. I swear everyone in the class dropped their head.

*

I headed towards my car after school. Lori nor Mya was anywhere to be found.

"Yo Christian!" Ricardo called.

"Wassup?" I turned to him.

"Lori said you can go. She's tutoring with some freshman guy." Ricardo said.

My twin sister is a fucking pervert. She schemes on little boys! Her last boyfriend was 14! And she's 18!

"Really dude? Go tell Lori to bring her ass to this car!" I snapped. He ran off to get her.

I leaned against my car and looked from a distance. Mya was walking towards me. She wore a smile I've never seen.

"Hey." She finally approached me. I looked down at her and licked my lips.

"Sup ma." I said.

"You think you can take me home and bring me back to the school for tutoring?" She asked.

"Hell naw Mya. Not you too." I said.

"What? Lori set me up with some freshman." She shrugged.

"No yall not." I snapped. I saw Lori approaching me with a confused look.

"Why I got to go home?" She asked.

"Stop trying to get on these lil boys Lori. And don't try to bring Mya in this." I laughed. Mya tried not to laugh but she did.

"Whatever. Just drop me off first." She hopped in the backseat.

Mya got in with me. I zoomed off down the street. I dropped Lori off at the crib and headed towards Mya's house.

"Want to go see a movie later?" I asked her. She looked at me and smiled.

"You trying to take me on a date?" She laughed lightly.

"I wouldn't say a date.."

"Okay." She said quickly.

"Cool." I pulled up to her apartment complex and she got out. I smiled ear from ear as she walked away.

Unknown POV

I snapped pictures of the girl walking up to her apartment. I also snapped pictures of the guy in the car and his license plate.

"I think we have her detective Joel." I put the camera down and looked up at him.

Laney POV

Before I put my key in I looked around. Felt like I was being watched.

I've been on the run too long to NOT know when I'm being followed or watched, so I played it smart. I put my key back in my pocket and slowly bagged away from the door.

I headed out the building and looking all around me. I noticed a black Dodge Charger, with rented windows, at the end of the block. I ain't crazy. I know that's 12.

I didn't want to look suspicious so I stood there for a minute. After about three minutes I put my hood on and walked the opposite direction.

Laney Cole back at it....again!

Random Question:
What is your favorite movie?