12.) The gap between us widens

Börja om från början

You let your eyes wander to his hands as they clasped around the covers of the book. His hands looked so soft , and his nails were perfectly shaped . His fingers were nice and slender . His knuckles a bit white from clasping the book covers .

You focused on his chest as if heaved slowly up and down , you looked at the way his vest fitted him perfectly , and his white button up underneath . His collar bone poked out ever so slightly , and it was pronounced, the skin of his chest was just as pale. You looked at his throat , he has the begging stages of an Adam's apple forming in throat , he had a nice long neck too.

His chin was very defined , you felt as if you would cut your finger on it if you were to ever touch it . His lips a rosy pink color , ever so chapped from the brisk December winds . There wasn't any snow just yet but it was fairly chilly out. His nose turning a bit red .

"You done eyeing me you creep?" Alister spoke looking up from his book.

"Oh no , I still got ways to go . " you respond sarcastically while huffing a bit . A little embarrassed that you got caught . Deciding to change the topic you decided to ask him annoying questions for the time being.

"Hey Al ?"

"...yes?"

"Do you think trees have feelings? "

"..." he gives you a look and rolls his eyes .

"Answer me Al "

"..." once again he gives you that look , while turning the page in his oh so interesting book.

"Alister Answer Me" you say rolling your eyes , getting slightly annoyed by him ignoring your question.

"...."

Once again he ignored you and you weren't having it . Marching up to Alister you are careful not to wreck the book as you snatch it from him.

"OI, give that back!!" He raises his voice a bit as he jumps up failing to steal the book back.

"Not till you answer my question . Do you think trees have feelings?! " you spit , giving him a stink eye as you watch him roll his eyes once again.

"Y/n , you're going to regret taking my book away from me ." He says his bangs converting his face as he ever so slowly starts walking your way. You roll you eyes , holding the book behind your back, taking a few steps back as he got closer and closer . Before you notice it , Alister charges your way , picking you up and carrying you over his shoulder as if you were a sack of cat food. He then begins to struggle with you , as you have his book in a death grip.

Yelling and laughter fills the courtyard as you and Alister struggle over the Guildory Lockheart book. Suddenly it's interrupted as a familiar arrogant voice fills the courtyard .

"Go do those unslightly things elsewhere , where you aren't making my eyes hurt."

That voice puts chills down your spine and your blood freezes .

Draco

You become eerily quiet , Alister being the perceptive person he is takes notice immediately. Still with you flung over his shoulder , your book in his hands . Alister isn't very fond of Draco, Alister listens to all your troubles on the daily , of what Draco puts you through. Alister is quiet fond of you and just hearing 'Draco' puts a bad taste in his mouth.

Now that Draco is speaking to him ,Alister is fuming he may not show it but on the inside he's enraged. Next to the cocky blonde boy with the slicked hair, Astoria Greengrass as his side stands before you and Alister in the courtyard .

You can't see Draco , because of how Alister is carrying you , you face is dug into Alister's back which smells of mint. You clasp the Alister's vest , trying your hardest not to shed a tear. Why isn't Alister leaving? Why is Draco even talking to you?

You just know he's here with Astoria , you can feel it , you can feel Draco's presence from a mile away , so with him only 5 feet away ,his very aura is drilling holes into you.

Alister remains silent , he continues to carry you as he begins walking, passing Draco , Alister simply growls .

"She's anything but unsightly , but you wouldn't know that since you abandoned her ." Alister growls , his voice deep as he walks off you hanging off his shoulder . Your eyes widen at Alister's statement. Alister defended you? Even though you were hurting inside , you couldn't help but grin while clutching the vest that stuck to Alister's back.

Taking in his minty scent, you mutter "Thanks Al."

Back in the courtyard Draco , gritting his teeth with balled fists . Envy and anger filling his body.