The boy made no move to even grab the letters as he knew if he tried he would be beaten by his uncle. Once the letter storm had calmed down Vernon grabbed harry and locked him in his cupboard before shouting to Petunia and Dudley "that's it we're going away, far away, where they can't find us" before leaving the room before Dudley said "daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?" petunia couldn't help but secretly agree with her son.

That evening after everyone had gone to bed harry was lying down on his 'bed' when he felt something uncomfortable in his back pocket when he pulled it out he saw it was one of those letters so since he had a bit of light in his 'room' he decided to read his letter. It stated:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on the 1st of September. We await your owl by no later than the 31st of July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

Harry was shocked and thought to himself 'magic is real?!?! Well, that would explain some strange things but how do I have magic, I mean neither of my parents were magical were they?' after which he hid his letter and went to sleep.

A few nights later on an island with a house on it, harry was lay on the floor training a birthday cake into the ground when he finished he heard Dudley's watch go off striking midnight and said to himself "make a wish harry" before blowing out the fake candles his wish was 'I wish someone would come and get me away from here and to take me to that school so I can find out what the hell is going on?' a second later the door was being knocked down Vernon walked downstairs holding a shotgun with Petunia following behind him, a very large being stepped through the doorway as harry hid around the side of the stone. Before the figure said "sorry about that" before fixing the door and turned around as Vernon said, "I demand you leave at once you are breaking and entering".

The figure walked over to Vernon and grabbed the gun bending it upwards and said "dry up Dursley you great prune" before turning around to Dudley and said "well I haven't seen you since you were a baby harry but you're a bit more along than I would of hoped particularly round the middle" Dudley looked like he was about to pee himself before stuttering out "i-i-I'm not harry" before harry decided it was time to show himself and said "I am" the figure smiled and said "well of course you are. Oh I got something for you, baked it myself words and all, afraid I may of sat on it at some point but 'magine it'll taste just the same" he said as he passed harry a cake and he smiled before placing it down on the coach before saying "I don't mean to sound rude but who are you" Hagrid (R.I.P Robbie Coltrane) sat gown on the armchair and said "Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts, but you'll know all about Hogwarts don't you" harry shook his head and said "I have heard the name of it but I don't know exactly what it is, so no sorry".