Uh oh.

He was using that tone.

Whatever it was...Nobuyuki made it seem like that talk earlier was important. I better tell the truth otherwise.

Gulp.

Punishment.

"Not much...just heard Nozomi saying thank you..." It's the truth.
I ended up getting lectured by brother on how impolite it was to listen in on someone's conversation.

"...Nii-chan is still as strict as ever." I muttered to myself while heading toward the meeting room.

But as I was walking, a sweet smell was in the air.

"Huh? This smell?"

And it's coming from the kitchen?

Curious of who was in the kitchen, I opened the door enough for me to see.

"Nozomi?" She busy shaping something in her hands.

'Nozomi looks so focused.' I've never seen her make that face before.

A small smile found it's way onto my face as I watched Nozomi. But I wondered...what was she making?

Before I realize it, Nozomi was already done and heading straight for the door.

'Oh no.' I paled, realizing that I'll be found out soon. I was going to make a run for the nearest corner...well that was the plan. Until she opened it. I didn't have a chance to run.

"Yukimura-san?!"

"Oh...uh...er...well I." I tried to explain myself, but my stomach growled louder than my own words.

Leaving the both of us silent, until Nozomi's laughter broke the silence.

I focused my gaze elsewhere. Embarrassed by what just happened right now. 'But...seeing her laugh puts me at ease.'

By the time she finished laughing, Nozomi then suggested. "Since you're already here...can you try my mochi Yukimura-san?"

My ears twitched the minute Nozomi mentioned mochi. "Mochi?"

"I made enough for everyone!" She pointed at the plates filled with small mochi. I blinked in awe. "You made all of this?"

All by herself?

"Mm, well I got some help from Nobuyuki-san on where I could find the ingredients."

'Oh so that's why Nii-chan made the conversation so important!'

It was to keep it a secret until she brought it out to the meeting room.
"I see."

"You don't mind if I have some before everyone else?"

She shook her head. "No, I don't mind."

"I want to see if the mochi I made is good or not."

"Then, I'll take this." After taking one piece, I noticed Nozomi had a plate of Kinako powder and a bowl of Shoyu beside the serving plates of mochi.

"Is that?" Nozomi nodded. "I learned from Nobuyuki-san that you both like mochi...but prefer a different type. So I kept all of the mochi plain in case the other didn't like it."

'How thoughtful of you.' But it wouldn't be fair if I was the only one eating this.

Instead of eating the mochi I had, I grabbed another one.
"Yukimura-san?" Confused of what I was doing, I quickly grabbed a certain jar labelled Red Bean Paste.

Taking out a small amount, I mix the two small plain pieces of mochi in my hands. Then added in the paste in the center. Once I formed it into a ball, I split the mochi in half.

"Now it's fine to make something for us...but-" Taking one of Nozomi's hands, I placed my quickly finished mochi. "You should also consider making some for yourself too."

I didn't know whether she liked Red Bean Mochi. But seeing her enjoy the other half was more than enough.

"So you like red bean mochi?"

"Yes!" And I keep that knowledge to myself.