The Final Thoughts

That day El put her book into her locker and left to finish her last day of school, this weekend she was going to go home and finish off what she started before her parents had stopped her a year ago. On her way out she saw Josh, and then she saw the scars on her wrist.

El sat on her bed, today was her last Friday. She decided to lay in bed, finish her tv series and eat a bunch of junk food. Why bother caring about your health if the next day you'll be gone?

El wished that she had brought the book back with her, it was her friend through all of this. She wanted to read it again, see all of the times everything went to shit. El wanted to see for the very last time in her journal that she got pushed around, name called and beaten so bad that she couldn't move. She wanted to see the time Josh saved her, and then left her. Just like everyone else.

That night El fell asleep with no emotions, the next afternoon she was sitting on her bedroom floor, surrounded by pill bottles. She has one to choose, one that she knew would never bring her back. Instead of choosing one she chose all of them, she never wanted to come back again. Suddenly her door busted open, Josh standing there with police and paramedics.

But it was all too late, she had already taken the pills.