[ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - FWYB ]

Seventeen

            "Daddy please, not right now," Tahari pleaded, while looking at her father.

            The atmosphere was thicker than grits as everyone, looked around the table. At Zaquan in particular.

            "Nah it's good 'Hari baby and actually I do. When? That's a surprise," Zaquan said and Tahari wanted to melt right through the floor. Her heart couldn't take that right now.

            "Wow. I'm impressed," Tahari's father spoke while nodding his head.

            "Tahari. He's okay in my book,"

            "Well, I'm still flipping the pages in mine trying to find something I like." Her mother spoke up, making the entire mood go sour.

            "Ugh, ma. C'mon." Tahari spoke, as she finished up her food. She was in fact the first was done. She ain't play no games when it came to food especially now since she was carrying a baby.

            "What Tahari? The last time I saw you, you were thriving in school with an internship lined up and now you're knocked up. Living with this thug in his hip-hop mansion and not to mention you're now a dropout. This just isn't the way we raised you!" She spoke out and Tahari couldn't take any more.

            "I'm glad, I'm done with my damn food. So I don't have to be around your uppity self anymore! I'm leaving," Tahari spoke then got up rushing out of the restaurant.

            Harold immediately mugged his wife before saying, "You out of line,"

            Instead of saying something all Zaquan did, was get out a band of cash, peel two hundred dollar bills off of it then slap it down on the table before going out to see about his baby.

            "Zaquan, I'll be out there. Let me just handle my wife," Tahari's father spoke and Zaquan nodded then strolled on out.

            He approached the black Mercedes GLK then got in. The moment he heard Tahari crying he had to calm himself down. Zaquan didn't know it but, he loved Tahari and he was willing to do anything for her.

            "Baby," Zaquan said and Tahari wiped her tears, "I'm fine, I'm fine. Can we just go home," She asked him and he nodded.

            "Anything for you,"

***

            Tahari was home by herself, lying in bed. She didn't want to talk to a soul. Truthfully, she was tired of her mother disrespecting her man. Zaquan, ain't did shit to her ass, so there was no need for her to act as if he did. Tahari lifted up from the bed, then looked at her phone noticing that both her mother and Zaquan had been calling her.

            After dialing Zaquan's number, she put her ear to her phone waiting for him to answer.

            "Hari baby, you eating tonight what you want?" Zaquan said the moment the calls connected.

            She laughed, "Wait, wait. What if I'm not hungry?"

            "Ain't nobody say anything about yo' ass. My son prolly' hungry. My lil nigga ain't ate since lunchtime! Don't be selfish!" Zaquan said making Tahari did feel a little bad but nonetheless, she was glad it was obvious that he cared.

            "I'm bringing you some soup?" He said and Tahari rose up out of the bed quickly.

            "Soup?! Zaquan be serious..." Tahari rolled her eyes.