[ CHAPTER ONE - LASNIGHT ]

Tahari in MM

LASTNIGHT

"Who said I was a couch potato?" Tahari said with a frown, looking between the both of her friends; Gabrielle and Ivory.

"She did." They said pointing to each other making Tahari roll her eyes. She just had a photo shoot for Jet Magazine and she just wanted to rest in all actuality. Her senior year at the University of Miami was coming up in the next three weeks and she just wanted to get her money and prepare her mind for the upcoming school year.

"Okay so what are you two saying? Because the second season of Jane The Virgin is on and y'all know that's my shitttt." Tahari said sitting up from the couch.

"Okay, you my bitch and all which is why I think you should come out with us," Ivory said nervous of Tahari's respond. Out of the three of them Tahari and Ivory were the closet, they went to high school together and they both attend college together. Gabrielle was Ivory's friend she met at a bar, last year and ever since then she has hung out with both Tahari and Ivory.

"Where?" Tahari said putting the straight, black twenty inch, Malaysian hair behind her ear.

"Club TWENTY. Carson said it would be hype tonight so I wanted to take my girls..." Ivory said referring to her fiance Carson. Carson owned a club, downtown Miami that was pretty successful. It was difficult to get on the club's list, and the booths were expensive as hell but it was all worth it.

"I guess Jane can wait." Tahari said getting up and going into her bedroom. She noticed her friends hot on her heels, "Damn, can I get dressed though?" She turned around eyeing them both.

"My bad my bad. I'm gone. I'll meet you bitches there," Gabrielle said, soon exiting from Tahari's town home.

"Glad to see you ain't acting funny around her anymore," Ivory mentioned sitting down on Tahari's bed as she was in her closet looking through her clothes.

"I wasn't acting funny. I just get a weird vibe from her that's all." Tahari said truthfully with a shrug. "But none the less, she cool." Tahari then added and then Ivory laughed.

"Well, I'm about to get ready. You driving or you want me to?"

"You got it..." Tahari said.

"Aight, bye hoe."

"Bye bitch."

Tahari jumped right into the shower, actuality looking forward to the night with her girl. At age twenty one Tahari was on her shit, she had been grinding all summer and barely had time for outtings. Being a young model, people often tried to take advantage of her but she was book and street smart. Tahari knew how to play her card right, besides her modeling career was only something for college. Once she graduated she was going to put her nursing degree to use.

After getting out the shower, Tahari lotioned up her body and then began to brush her teeth. Since her hair was flat ironed bone straight she began to put on her clothes. Tonight she decided to wear a nude, strapless skintight dress. She accompanied the dress by pairing it with sued black thigh high boots, she put on gold clear, lens aviator glasses and the a couple of coats of MAC clear lip gloss. Spraying her Princess by Vera Wang perfume she grabbed her black clutch and then went out of her room only to see her phone ringing on the coffee table.

"Hellooo?" Tahari sung as she grabbed her keys.

"We're outside," Ivory said then ended the call. Tahari exited her home, seeing her friend's Mercedes Benz parked out front of her house, in the driveway.

"Slay hoe!" Ivory said Tahari got into the car. Gabrielle smiled, deep inside she wished that she had on what Tahari had on.

_