[ CHAPTER FIFTEEN - CHANGE ME ]

Fifteen

"Tahari why is yo phone ringing at six in the damn morning?" Zaquan grumbled with his eyes closed, as he and Tahari both were in the bed laying down.

Tahari exhaled, taking it off of the charger and putting it to her ear. She was so sleepy she didn't even bother seeing who the fuck it was.

"Yes..." Tahari answered with a yawn, with her eyes still closed.

"Now is that a way to answer the phone for your mother...Tahari Paisley Smith?"

The moment Tahari heard her mother's voice her eyes shot open.

"Ma?"
"Yes, long time no talk to. You still with child?" She asked and Tahari rolled her eyes already seeing where the conversation was going. She wasn't quite ready to explain the relationship she had with her parents quite yet to Zaquan, so, she got up from the bed exiting the bedroom going out into the morning air on the balcony.

"Of course, aborting my baby was the last thing on my mind," She replied quickly.

"Mph. Well, are you still in school?" She asked and Tahari exhaled she knew this question was coming along also.

"Yeah, I'm finishing this semester up them taking off the next semester because of the baby," Tahari told her mother truthfully. There wasn't any need to lie.

"So basically you plan on putting off graduating for a baby?" Her mother streaked.

"MY baby ma! Look, if you called to judge my decision then you can just hang right back up. I'm tired of you and daddy judging me. You judged me for the modeling, you judged me for my career choice. Shit, you even judged me because of the college I went to. Ma, I'm tired of it." Tahari finally told her mother.

"Baby...I'm sorry, it's just, I...I had so much planned for you and it seemed like everything I wanted you to do you didn't."

"Ma, that's the thing. It's my life, not yours. You controlled my life for eighteen years, making me learn to play instruments, cheerlead, and all. Now let me have control, okay?" Tahari asked her mother rhetorically.

"I'm sorry baby. Actually, I called because your father pitched the idea of visiting for a few days... so I was wondering ya' know... if...we...could?"

"Ma, of course, but one thing. I don't live alone anymore," Tahari admitted.

"Then... who do you live with?"

"My boyfriend slash baby daddy..." Tahari replied with a smile. Just as she was talking Zaquan opened up the door, joining her on the balcony. He looked at her with wondering eyes. In return she mouthed, 'my mom, I'll tell you later...'

"Oh, oh, okay then. Well, I guess your father and I have to meet him since he's technically our son...in law,"

"You guys will love Zaquan, I promise." Tahari cheesed looking up at a shirtless Zaquan.

"Well, I'll let you get on with your day my Tahari baby. I'll call tonight with more details about us coming there, I love you,"

"I love you too, ma, bye," Tahari ended the phone call then stood up looking at Zaquan.

"What did your mama want?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I see you brushed your teeth..." Tahari commented as his minty fresh breath, tickled her skin.