chap|twenty-six

"Are you ready tell everybody about the babies?"

Don and Darnell were cuddled up at Don's condo pillow talking. It had been a week since they found out they would be having twins and surprisingly they have been doing a good job of hiding it.

After dropping the kids off to school this morning they returned to the condo to finish up the packing they started. Don was finally moving back into the house with the family. They came to a conclusion that with the twins coming and already having three kids, that Don needed to be around more to help out.

Darnell was already feeling overwhelmed and Don didn't want her to feel like she was in this alone. He promised her that he was going to do right by her and this would be the ultimate example of 'actions speak louder than words'.

They both had businesses that needed to be ran, three children, and two on the way. There was no more time to bullshit around. If they were going to do this they both needed to put 100% effort into their marriage.

"I am actually." Darnell got up from the bed heading into the bathroom. To her it felt like one of the twins where sitting on her bladder making her have to use the bathroom every ten minutes.

"You wanna tell them tonight?" Don called out. He also got up from the bed and walking into his closet to get the rest of his clothes out.

He heard the toilet flush then the faucet water run before Darnell came out plopping down on the bed. She huffed as she rubbed her stomach. "Yeah we can make dinner and call Naree and Yameer to come over tonight."

Darnell now knew what it meant when Dr. Chance said that every pregnancy was different. She didn't go through morning sickness like she did with little Don , but being pregnant with two babies had her feet and back hurting and she was tired all the time.

"You good ma?"

"Yeah babe."

Don noticed how Darnell was so tired these days and wanted to make sure that he took some of the pressure from off of her. After he placed the last shirt in his duffle bag, he got in the bed sitting at the opposite end.

Grabbing his phone, he connected it to the Apple TV to play some music. Verse Simmons Love No Glove started playing.

Darnell lifted up smiling at Don. "Funny."

Don grabbed one of Darnell's feet and started messaging it.

"I still can't believe your pregnant right now."

Darnell chuckled. "Why, you did it. On purpose too. "

"Damn right. I love seeing you pregnant. You got your big ole belly, swollen feet, and let's not forget pregnant poon tang be wet as a mothafucka."

"Okay." Darnell rolled her eyes.

"No but for real. It's just we..well I've been trying to get you pregnant for so long and now all of a sudden after all this time wallah two babies."

Darnell rubbed her belly lazily. "I hope you satisfied cause these are the last two I'm pushing out."

"I'm good. I got my starting five."

"Whatever." She chuckled. "How do you feel about having twins?"

Don shrugged. "I don't know. I mean I know it's going to be hard. We both got things going on business wise, we already have three wonderful kids, and adding two more will be tough."

Don switched feet.

"True but I feel like as long as we have each other everything will work out. You have my back, I got you back it's nothing we can't do together."