chap|twenty-three

Four Days To Go

This morning was different from the morning before. As Darnell got up from the bed she could see the sea of water through the large sliding doors that were open allowing the fresh sea water scent in.

The brightness of the sun shined into the room making the suite light up. Even though Darnell was in bed by herself, she could still tell that Don was somewhere in the room because of the low music that was playing throughout the suite.

Maxwells voice was evident. From the lyrics Darnell easily recognized the song as Fortunate. Wanting to check to see what time it was, Darnell looked to the right of her for her phone, but only spotted a tray of breakfast on the bed.

In the covered dish was a plate of French toast and bacon with a side of syrup, orange juice, and water. She could tell that the food hadn't  been sitting there for long due to its warm temperature.

Before diving into her food Darnell got up from the bed going into the bathroom to freshen up. By the growling of her stomach she knew she needed to feed her and her growing child as soon as possible. Washing her face and brushing her teeth quickly, Darnell returned to the bed and sat Indian style saying grace before digging in.

Don still hadn't made an appearance and Darnell could truly say she was fine with that. She didn't know if he was still in the room or not, but all she knew was at this this moment she needed her space. Don had continuously disrespected and disappointed her and right now, Darnell just needed time to figure out what her next move would be.

Darnell turned on the tv keeping the volume low just to be played in the background as she ate and scrolled through her social media. She decided to text Naree and check up on the kids and then call to check up on the centre. When she was done she noticed a small card that was folded in half sitting on the edge of the tray. Picking it up and opening it, she instantly recognized the hand writing. For Don to be a man she always adored his neatly written penmanship.

Good Morning My Love,

I Know After These Last Few Days I Am The Last Person You Want To See Or Speak To But, I Set Up For Us To Have Dinner Tonight To Discuss What Our Future Holds. I Hope You Enjoy Your Breakfast Boo Boo. Meet Me In The Dining Hall At 7pm.

PS Check The Table In The Dining Area.

Love, Don

Darnell got up from the bed after reading the note. She placed it back down on the tray before checking to see what was on the dining table. The song now switched to Jesse Powell's You as Darnell turned the corner. She rolled her eyes at the many gifts that sat on the table.