chap|twenty-two

Five Days To Go

The next morning was as awkward as Don and Darnell thought it would be. Darnell refused to sleep in the same bed as Don. Her first thought was to sleep on the couch. When she gathered all things she needed to be comfortable, Don realized what she was doing and refused to let her leave the bed. So instead he took the couch. It was the least he could do since he had done so much damage.

By the next morning Don was met with a silent suite. Darnell had woken up early that morning to avoid Don's presence. She got dressed in her tropical bikini and cover up, packed up some extra clothes, did her hair and makeup, and left the room to head to the spa.

The only thing Darnell wanted to do was relax. She couldn't avoid Don the whole trip but she damn sure was trying to.

At the spa Darnell got time to call Naree and talk to her children. She wasn't ready to tell them about the baby. She figured she had to be at least a month in, but didn't want to bring it up until she got back to the states and see her primary doctor: Dr. Chance.

She spent an whole hour while getting a full body massage talking to her children, asking them about what they were getting into and how they where doing in school. She made sure to tell them to call there father and talk to him as well. Next she filled Naree in on the drama.

Naree expressed how she was greatly disappointed in Don and was hoping that they could work it out but if they couldn't she wouldn't blame her. Darnell felt the same way. She didn't want to divorce Don but the way he was acting, she felt like it was no up from where they were.

Leaving the spa, Darnell went to have a quiet breakfast for one. She indulged herself with fruit, eggs, turkey sausage, and croissants from the breakfast buffet and downed it with fresh squeezed orange juice.

While eating she went over the travel inquiry. Today the ship would be anchored in Puerto Rico. This gave the guest the option to get off the ship and tour around the island. They could also spend time at the near by beach or the resort that was connected.

Darnell looked down at her watch the time was now a little past 11:00 and the guest would be allowed to get off the boat at 11:30. Darnell decided not to go back to the room. Right now she just wanted to enjoy her day Don and stress free. So she decided to tour Puerto Rico alone.

When the ship came to a stop Darnell found her way off and walked down the beach and into the small streets of the city.

Before getting off of the ship, Darnell signed up for a tour guide of the city

Before getting off of the ship, Darnell signed up for a tour guide of the city. She found her group that she was assigned to and they started their trip. While in the beautiful city Darnell found little trinkets for little Don, Kaydence, and Nova and for Naree, she picked out some handmade jewelry that included a matching bracelet, necklace, and ankle bracelet.

While Darnell was out enjoying her evening Don was back in the suite pacing. He was worried that he hadn't talked to Darnell all day. He couldn't help but to think that Darnell was completely done with him after all the stupid shit he said the night before.