chap|seven

Monday came faster than Darnell expected. The way she was feeling she wanted to just sleep in and let the day go by, but she knew she couldn't. She had kids she had to take of and make sure they got to school on time.

She sat in the bed a little longer before deciding to get up and get the day started. She made her way to Kaydence's room first to wake her up. She knew that it wouldn't be easy since they had a eventful weekend.

Before all the bullshit with Don, she promised the kids that they would take them to the circus. By the time Sunday rolled around she really didn't want to see Don's face. She tried her hardest to get her children to stay in and have a movie date with her but the weren't having it.

For the sake of her children, she sucked up all the hateful feelings she had towards Don and spent the day savoring time with her kids. She tried her hardest not to show that being around Don was like a nagging pain that no matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop it's aching discomfort. Through everything she couldn't deny that he was a great father and seeing the smiles on her children's faces brought a smile to hers as well.

Darnell made her way into Kay's room to start their morning routine. She woke her up and picked out her clothes and told her to wait for her in her bathroom. Afterwards she went into little Don's room and tried her hardest to wake him. It took her a good 20 minutes to get him to at least open his eyes.

After fighting with him to at least stand up on his own, she gave in and picked him up. He wrapped his arms around her and snuggled his face into her neck. Times like this she wished Don was there to help her. She went into his closet and picked an outfit for him as well and decided to just make up his bed when she got back from dropping them off at school.

Heading back into the bathroom, Darnell helped Kay and little Don brush their teeth and wash their faces. When they where almost done they heard Don's voice that boomed throughout the house.

"Hey. Where y'all at?" He yelled coming through their bedroom he once shared with Darnell.

At the sound of his voice Kay and Don got excited by the presence of their father.

"Daddy!" They yelled from the bathroom with their toothbrushes hung out of their mouths.

At the sight of Don Darnell rolled her eyes. She couldn't deny how good he looked in just a pair of Adidas stripped joggers and a wife beater. It seemed as if his tattooed muscular arms glistened under the bright bathroom lights. In other words the man was fine as hell.

Darnell cleared her throat when she brought her eyes up and they met Don's. She turned back to the the bathroom's sink to finish washing up herself.

"Y'all all done?"

"Yes sir!" The two said.

"Alright let's go get y'all dressed then."

Kay and little Don ran out of the bathroom and down the hall with Don trailing behind them leaving Darnell alone in the bathroom frazzled by the appearance of her estranged husband. She had to get herself together. She couldn't risk Don seeing her drooling over him. She needed to make it hard for him and for him to understand that he lost one of the best things that ever happened to him.

Darnell collected herself before getting dressed. She dressed in a pink Champion tee, black ripped jeans, and her black Air Max Theas. She let her wild curls hang and she did her normal make up routine.