Chapter twenty

The whole house was up and ready for their day. Nina was all dolled up for school, she insisted that she look good for her first day back at school and I made sure to listen to her. I dressed her up in a cute baby blue dress, tied her hair in a neat ballerina bun and she wore white pumps." Jason did you pack her lunch in her bag?"

" Yes my love I did."

" Okay Nina, eat your breakfast," I said as I picked Nina up and put her on the chair. The doorbell went off which meant that Leo was here and he was here rather early. I walked to the door so that I could open for him, I think I was just going to get him a key so that he could easily get in without having to wait for us most of the time.

I opened the door and said," morning, you're here early."

" morning Angel. Yeah, I wasn't really sure about the times," he said as he walked into the house. I closed the door then said," her school starts at 08:00 am and it's about 25min from here."

" Okay, I'll make sure to come later tomorrow," he said as we walked into the kitchen." Uncle Leo!"

" Hey noodle," he said then gave Nina a kiss on the cheek." I miss you so much."

" I miss you too, but don't worry I'm picking you up after school and we'll spend the afternoon together."

" Yes! I can't wait," she exclaimed." Okay so I'm off to work, have a great day everyone and I love you all," I said then took my stuff and left the house.

My phone started ringing as I walked to my car, I took it out of my handbag and checked the caller ID. It was Joanne and I was tensing up, I really didn't want to talk to her, but at the same time I just wasn't in the mood to be rude so then I answered the call." Joanne is there something you need?"

" I was wondering if I could stop by your office tomorrow before lunch so that I could speak to you?"

" Tell me over the phone."

" No, I need to do this in person."

" Fine, come around 12:00."

" Okay, thank you."

"Okay," I said and ended the call. If she was coming to fight I swear I was going to slap her and I didn't give a fuck if she was my mother in law, she was going to respect me one way or another.

*********

" Martha please contact Mr. Washington's family and ask that I would like to have a meeting with them. Please confirm a time with them, do your best to make sure that it's today."

" Okay Samsara," she said and I walked away from her and went to my office to drop my bags off before going into Mike's office.

I opened my office door and walked to my couch to drop my bag and jacket." Samsara, Mr. Washington's family will be able to meet you at 10:30 am."

" Thank you Martha," I said and she left my office. I had an hour before they came to the office, so I was briefly going to talk to Mike then come back and prepare for the meeting with the parents.

*******

" Good morning Samsara," said Mike as I walked into his office." Hey, so I'm going to have a meeting with the deceased husband's family. I mean, we are representing them now."

" You want me to join you?"

" No, it's okay. I think it's best I do this one by myself then I'll come and brief you."

" Okay, that's fine. Are you okay, you were really angry yesterday?"

" Yes, I'm okay. I got time to cool off and create an amazing game plan."

For A WomanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara