Chapter thirteen

Mike and I were having a meeting in the boardroom with the detectives on the case. We decided that to protect ourselves we were also going to do things secretly and see exactly what was going to happen." Okay look, both Mr.s Washington and the boyfriend are the prime suspect. The two guys we arrested spoke to us, we managed to get a good deal for them.

They said that the boyfriend contacted them personally, offering a huge amount of money. The guys also stated that the boyfriend wasn't working alone and that the wife was in this, but she wanted to remain hidden for now.

We're still trying to get hardcore evidence, but we believe they did," said the detective,e and I felt my heart sink. I totally didn't expect this at all, I believed that this wouldn't happen and that the culprit was someweird-a guy who had no heart." Mike we have to pull some serious strings very quickly."

" We going to talk to our boss and detective we would like for you to join us."

" No problem, give me a time and date and I'll be there," she said then we all got and proceeded to leave. I couldn't speak right now, I was too shocked and hurt.

I never thought that I'd ever had to deal with such things in my career, but I said never way too quickly because here I was dealing with such right now. Mike walked back into the boardroom after seeing the detective out and asked," you okay?"

" N,o I'm not, I'm furious. I asked her to be honest from the beginning, but she wasn't. I explained what type of lawyer I was and that if she participated in any criminal activity I couldn't represent her, but that wasn't a good enough platform for her to tell the truth."

" This is all kinds of messed up, but Samsara we're going to act professional about this. We're not going to air out shit, till we have the proper evidence."

" Okay," I said then we stood there in silence. Taking all of this in, this was too much and the amount of damage control was going to be hectic.

*********

I was sitting in my office staring out my window, far away in my thoughts. After my meeting I tried to do some work, but I was just too stressed about this case that other things didn't mean shit to me. I needed to figure out how I was going to approach this, how I was going to corner Mr.s Washington.

I was now defending her husband, the one she killed and I was going to make it my mission to make sure that she rots in prison." Baby," said a male voice, that I recognized all too well.

I turned my chair to face my husband. Jason was standing there in his casual clothes with a bag of food, as well as a cute smile playing on his face." I'm sorry about everything Sara, I really am. I should've been here and I should've have discussed it with you first.

You're my wife, we're married and we should respect that," he said and I gave him a warm smile. I got up from my seat and walked to my Jason. I was so happy he was here, I was so happy that he apologized and that we were good again.

I missey Jason. I got to him and planted my lips on his, from there we started passionately kissing. My husband's warmth was the perfect remedy for my stressful day.

**********

Jason had left and I was feeling much better than before. My shocked phase was over and I was now at the stage of serious determination. It was time to build an award-winning case against Mr.s Washington and her boyfriend, I was going to make sure she regretted this whole stupid plan of hers." Samsara, Mrs. Washington is here to see you," said my assistant, and I got a little tense at the mention of her name." Okay, bring her in," I said then closed my laptop and got prepared for Mrs. Washington's visit.