Chapter ten

The next day rolled in and I was getting a little better, but still wasn't ready to go to work. Mike then decided to come over so that we could talk about the case and he apparently found out something that could seriously work against us. I was too ill to worry about such, but I did anyway because this was my job.

Jason couldn't stay home because today was a surprise board meeting and you couldn't miss those at all. He promised me a nice bubble bath with him, so I was all good.

I got out of my bed and went to the shower to have breakfast with Nina and Leo. Maybe we could go visit Daisy again, but I doubt Daisy would want us to come over because we would be cramping her style. This was where I wished my best friend was back from her trip, she had been gone for 3 weeks now. I missed her too much.

I walked out of my bedroom and headed for the stairs when I heard Nina's little giggles coming from her room. I walked to her bedroom door which was slightly opened and looked at what was going on. Nina and Leo were playing dolls, jumping all over the place, and making quite a mess.

Nina looked so happy, which warmed my heart so dearly. Leo doing this with her made me very happy, my poor baby girl would get bored at times, being the only child and all, that's why I tried to do everything with her. Jason would try, but then gets consumed by other things.

Leo doing this was really appreciated, she had a nice uncle who was willing to play with her. That put a gorgeous smile on her face. Leo looked up and caught my gaze, we looked at each other for a while. I still had my warm smile, my eyes were telling a certain story and so were his. A rather special moment we had right there.

********

It had been a few days since I went through my mother's box, so I decided to go through it and get more of her cheating story. I sat on the floor again, opened the box and took out the next letter in the number of letters. This one was addressed to herself and she called it, "the start of an adventure". I opened the letter and it read,

He was a normal stranger, looking at the beautiful art in the art gallery, like any other human who took time to look at the art, but he caught my attention and I caught his attention. It was because of the art we chose to pay most of our attention on, we looked at the sexually beautiful ones, the ones that people looked at for a second and moved on because it made them uncomfortable. The ones that stirred up a certain emotion in you. We didn't say much to each other, we let our eyes and smiles do the talking. He was beautiful, a very beautiful African American man.

We stopped at the same artwork and stood next to each other, analyzing the work. It was a couple covered in different colors of paint and they were in a deep kiss. I looked at him and I saw the desire in his eyes, his beautiful chocolate eyes.

That moment I knew that I wanted him, I wanted him in so many ways and guilt was so far away from me.

I closed the letter and couldn't believe what I read. Such a beautiful moment she had, she used simple words to explain it, but I felt her connection to the man. I almost didn't feel angry anymore, because if someone made you feel alive then why would you want to let that go, I thought.

I put the letter back and looked through the box even more. There was honestly so much in this box, if this box was dedicated to her affair then it meant that the affair lasted for a while. I came across a picture that had the caption, "picture of my beautiful woman,"  at the back of it.

I turned the picture around it was a picture of my mom, she was lying naked on the bed, but the sheets covered her butt. She was lying on her stomach and I got a view her back. It was really beautiful, simply beautiful. I was going to keep the photo with me, it was too sentimental to me.