Chapter fifteen

My intention was never to really build anything with the man from the art gallery. Even though we wanted each other, I just wanted him to be one of my beautiful memories, but fate had other plans.

We saw each other again and the second time we saw each other marked the start of the affair. Sean was on my mind the whole time, but that never stopped me from being in his presence.

I remember the first time we kissed, I remember it like it was yesterday. It was my first kiss as a new person and the beauty of it was indescribable. We were in synch, what he gave me I gave and what I gave him he definitely gave back. It was powerful, it was strong and it was extremely intense. My god was I in a trance.

We didn't do anything further because he said that the right time would come, without us forcing anything. We didn't have sex, but we made love with our words. This creature before me wasn't from this world and I'm saying this from only 3 encounters. I truly wondered what more he had to offer...

I closed the letter and exhaled deeply. My mother had a sexual affair, a wild affair that I'm guessing made her feel like a teenager again. She still hadn't revealed his appearance or name, but I guess it was okay for him to stay anonymous for now.

As I placed the letter back into its envelope, the doorbell rang and that meant that Leo was finally here. I placed the letter in the box, got off the couch, and walked to the front door. I figured that while Leo is browsing the place, I would then read another letter or look through pictures.

Maybe Mister's secret was in there somewhere. I opened the door and saw beautiful Leo standing there with a gorgeous smile." Hey Leo."

" Hi beautiful," he said. I stepped away from the door so that he could come into the house. Once he was in I closed the door behind him and said," welcome to my mother's home or shall I say your new home."

" It's quite big."

" Yeah, it is and Leo I hope you'll honestly like it. Go give yourself a tour of the place, I'll be in the living room if you need me," I said to him. Leo went for the stairs while I went to go sit in the living room and carry on finding things out.

I sat back down on the couch and dug through the box. My mother kept a shit load of things in here, I wondered how deep this affair went and how many got hurt in the end, did she mend broken hearts or did she let certain fates be? I came across a letter addressed to Sean and the kids, the kids being us of course. I opened the letter up and eagerly began reading,

To my children,

Mommy never wanted to ever come to this point in her life, she never wanted to have to do things at the expense of your feelings, but mommy decided to put her happiness first. Mommy wasn't trying to be selfish or heartless, no, mommy was just filling in the missing puzzle piece. Remember how I always told you that you must make sure you're happy first, put yourself first, and then focus on others. I too had to follow my advice and I am doing so. I love you, my angels, I promise that all will go well and that the path I take will bring us together again.

To my husband,

I've come to the realization that I have to go and be with him, properly find myself with him and flourish in my new happiness. I'm doing this because it isn't fair to drag you along when I have no intention of ending it with Sean. I love you, baby, you're my saving grace, but my heart is going somewhere different. I'm leaving, I'm going to be with him, either making mistakes or memories.

I love you all
Yours truly
Mom.

She was actually planning to leave us with that man, my mother wanted a new life without us and that broke my heart. I threw the paper on the floor and started hysterically crying. A toxic affair was more valuable than her loving family. It made me wonder who the hell was this guy and what the hell was he giving my mom.