"But you're here, though," she remarked confusedly, referring to the fact that I was out alone in the open society. 

I grinned. "Yeah, believe it or not, I snuck out without my parents knowing."

"Whoa," Penny looked impressed. "You? Sneak out? I don't believe it," she chuckled.

"Well, believe it," I joked back. But then my mood took a sour turn to the dumps. "But I don't know what to do," I shook my head. "It's been pretty messy lately and I think I might have to stay locked away forever after this," I mused negatively, getting a little depressed at the thought.

Penny frowned. "What? He's still trying to kidnap you?"

I hesitated. "Not exactly... Just... Small things happening here and there which I can't really pinpoint to say it is him for sure. But I can't say it's not him, either. You know?" 

As if understanding what I was saying, which I was sure from the complete lack of context, was probably not true, she nodded her head in sympathy.

"Okay, so what are you doing about it?"

"What do you mean?" I threw Penny a confused look.

"Well, you must be doing something to catch that stalker, right? What's your action plan?" she said as if it was the most obvious thing. But then she narrowed her eyes accusingly. "Or have you not been doing anything and just been sitting on it this whole time?"

Okay, what was this? A double dose of my poor judgment and lack of progress? And within the span of 30 minutes? 

As if on cue, I saw Tristan approaching my direction. But the dark aura emanating from him made me wish I was still lost from him.

"Tristan," I called out, but not exactly sure what to say afterwards. Penny's head turned towards the direction I was looking.

Tristan's hard gaze trained on me as if he was angry. And if the strain on his jaw was any indication, he was furious. 

"Arianna."

"Tristan," I repeated, a little scared that he was still mad about our argument earlier.

But then his eyes softened and tiredly he sighed, "Don't disappear like that. I was worried something happened." 

I did not expect his genuine concern, but I would take it.

When his eyes left mine, Tristan's gaze shifted to Penny.

And had I been looking at Penny earlier, I would have realised how she had narrowed her eyes into a hawk-like gaze. But because I was looking at Tristan, I did, however, see how his lips had thinned and his expression had soured when he saw Penny.

"Why are you hanging out with Caffarelli?" Penny asked me as if Tristan was not just hovering right above us. 

"Hello, Penelope," Tristan greeted her with a clipped tone.

Whoa.

Whoa.

What?

"How do you guys know each other?" I rotated my gaze between the both of them.

"How do you know him?" Penny gave Tristan a dirty look.

Tristan just stared at Penny bemusedly.

"She goes to the prissy school in front of mine," Tristan answered me impatiently, ignoring Penny. "Now you know, let's go back." 

"Go back?" Penny's face just contorted from one stage of horrified to another level. "Are you guys... staying together?"