Chapter 10

So I realise it took me four years to update. Not the best track record to have people invest in a story. I have to apologise for that - I'm really, really sorry. I had been going through some roller coasters and it kind of swept me away from doing the stuff that I enjoyed. Heck, I am not joking when I say I did not pick up a book for a good four years. But when I finally did, I realised I really missed being in a different world created by words and my own imaginative space. And so I'm starting to write again :) See you guys in this space more often, hopefully!

______________________________________

"Ten more minutes, m'kay?" I turned around so I was lying down on my chest instead of having to squint against the excruciating, bright light.

Go away, sun. You're not welcomed.

If I could just swat the sunlight away.

"You're waking up now," somebody said impatiently.

I ignored him and his impoliteness.

"Come on, you're going to miss another class if you don't," somebody number two tried to coax me gently, his voice much more motivating than the first.

I almost got up.

Almost.

"Noooooooooooooo," I mumbled into m pillow. "Go away!" I swatted the air around me violently.

There was silence for 10 seconds and I was just about to smile in satisfaction and resume my sleep when a sick, sick son of a female dog tore my comforter away.

"You useless lump of hair! Get up! Grand'Mere's flight is leaving in 30 minutes. The faster you say goodbye to her, the faster she leaves and I'd rather have her gone sooner than later."

I glared at Hunter.

I wanted to sleep, damn it.

But I wanted Grand'Mere gone, too.

I may not loathe her with the intensity of a thousand burning sun as possessed by Hunter but I really can only take her in small doses. Really small. Like the quantity of a pinch of salt only much, much less than that.

I supposed sacrifices had to be made.

Next to Hunter stood Eric with my bathrobe in his hand, neatly folded and all ready for me to wear. Bless his heart. I gave a warm smile to the kinder of the two individuals in front of me and trudged into the living room. Grand'Mere was sitting at the dining table, reading So-So magazine with a cup of steaming tea in front of her. For a brief second my eyes searched for a certain tall, dark-haired individual but to no avail.

I smiled to Grand'Mere.

"Bonjour, Grand'Mere!" I sing-songed. Behind me Hunter pretended to hurl.

The elegantly dressed woman in front of me looked up from her morning read, smiling. Until she saw what I was wearing, the bird's nest that was my hair and the spot of dry drool beside my mouth.

She looked like she was going to have a seizure.

"I wanted to thank you for everything you have done thus far. I really, really appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I ran and hugged her tightly. Never mind the fact I had not brushed my teeth yet. "I love you." I breathed into her ear.

And I really meant it. Not the loving her part; that was debatable and I have not really decided. But all the other parts were all truth.

I would have totally been subjected to a life of imprisonment had it not been for Grand'Mere bothering to clear up the misunderstanding with my Dad and I. I mean, I never actually thought Hunter and Grand'Mere had any contact outside my knowledge. And to think she would pull strings to get somebody who was possibly from the Mafia to look out for me when Hunter would gallivant away to who knows where.