xviii

~ Perrie ~

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the mirror in my wedding dress. This didn't feel right. I was getting married because I wanted to save my career, not because I was in love.

I chose my career.

Because Jade hurt me and I couldn't be hurt again.

But it still didn't feel right. I felt like I was betraying Jade. I felt guilty. Tears formed in the corners of my eyes. This is not what I wanted my wedding to be like. I wanted to marry the person I loved.

There was a knock at the door.

"Perrie?" Waliyha asked.

"Yeah?" I said, wiping my eyes and trying not to ruin my make-up.

"You ready?"

"Yeah. Can you please pass me my bouquet?" I asked. Waliyha smiled and passed me my bouquet of white roses and helped me with my train. I took another deep breath as Waliyha and I walked down the hall of the hotel we were staying and down to the limo that was waiting for us to take us to the church. I didn't want to do this. Every minute that passed, every step I took, I dreaded it. I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Perrie, you okay?" Caitlin asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah. I'm fine." and forced a smile onto my face. I swear this dress was getting tighter. And my breaths were getting shorter. Was I having a panic attack?

"Perrie? Are you sure you're okay?" Waliyha asked.

"No. No no no. I'm not okay! I can't do this! I can't marry a man I don't love! It's not fair on him!"

Waliyha put her arm around my shoulders and told me to take deep breaths. "Shhh, it'll be okay. Once the ceremony is done, everything will be okay. It's okay," she said, comforting me. I really wanted to tell her it won't because I have no feelings for Zayn and I love Jade and I felt guilty. I couldn't say anything. So I kept my mouth shut and pretended to agree with her.

We got to the church right on time. Everyone was inside, behind those big doors and soon they will open and I will walk down the aisle with a smile on my face and get married.

~ Jade ~

I snuck through the doors, hoping no saw me and kicked me out. Perrie's management had called me and told me not to be anywhere near the church when the wedding was happening. But I couldn't help myself. I had a job to do.

If Perrie couldn't be with me, then I will watch her get married and be happy. I won't be happy and it will hurt seeing her get married but as long as she's happy, I'm happy.

I hid behind the human sized vases of flowers while all the guests filed into the church and filled up the pews. I saw Jesy and Leigh-Anne and their boyfriends. I saw Zayn up the front talking to Jonnie and hoped and prayed that no one will see me. I got in before the security guard barricaded the doors so no unwanted guests got in.

Well, apart from me.

Before the ceremony started, I sat in the corner on the last pew. The wedding march started and we all stood. And that's when the doors opened and that's when I saw my Perrie. My beautiful Perrie. In a gorgeous wedding dress. She looked so beautiful and I just wanted to run up to her and kiss her then and there.

But I couldn't.

I gripped onto the hem of my dress, forcing myself to stay put and not make a scene.

Perrie walked down the aisle, her four bridesmaids in tow, Waliyha, Doniya, Safaa and Caitlin. I must admit, the other four did look nice in their white dresses, but Perrie looked the most beautiful. I watched her as she made it to the altar and stood opposite Zayn, who whispered something to her and she smiled. I felt a pang of jealousy. This really was happening. Perrie really was going to get married to Zayn.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards . . ."

". . . If any of you have reasons why these two shall not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I object!" I shouted, standing up. The whole church turned to look at me. There were gasps when people recognised me. But I was only focused on Perrie, whose hand had flown to her mouth in shock and eyes opened wide. I made my way to the end of the pew and stood in the aisle.

"Perrie, I can't do this. I can't let you get married to a man you don't even love. I'm sure everyone in this room knows you don't love him. But I love you. And I'm not letting you slip through my fingers ever again. I'm hurt and betrayed you and I'm so so sorry. I don't even know what was going on in my head when I thought about that. It was dumb and stupid and please forgive me. I can't live without you, Perrie Louise Edwards. I love you more than anything else in the world. More than Disney, more than biscuits. I don't even think I could fall in love with you even more but I manage to do so. So please, Perrie, don't marry someone you don't love. I love you, Perrie."

The whole church was silent, waiting for Perrie's reply.

"I-I . . ."

~ Perrie ~

I couldn't process what was happening. Jade just came out of nowhere and now I don't know what to do. I looked across at my Mum, step-dad and brother, and then flicked to my bridesmaids, then to the One Direction boys standing at Zayn's side, then finally to Zayn, who was just as confused and scared as I was.

"I'm sorry," I said, apologetically and handed my bouquet to Waliyha. I grabbed the skirts of my wedding dress and ran down the aisle to the girl of my dreams.

When I reached her, I flung my arms around her neck and kissed her.

"I love you, Jade," I murmured.

"I love you too, Pez."