ix

~Jade~

"Bye Jade. Come back and visit soon!" Debbie said, hugging me and planting two kisses on my cheeks, one on each side. We had travelled back to Perrie's old house in South Shields for the last couple of days before I had to go back to Stanford. Perrie's arm was still in a cast but she's okay.

"Bye Jadey," Jonnie said. I'm pretty sure he had tears in his eyes. I hugged him.

"Hey, don't cry Jonnie. I'll be back befo-"

"I'm not crying," he cut me off, straightening up and wiping his eyes. I just smirked. I waved to the two of them and hopped in the car with Perrie.

"I'll be back before Christmas!" I called out the window. "Bye!" and Perrie drove out of the driveway and down the street. We sat in silence for a while until I couldn't stand it anymore. I leant over to turn the radio on but Perrie grabbed my wrist before my finger touched the button.

"No," she said. "We need to talk."

"Well why didn't you-"

"I'll start. Jade, you were acting weird after I broke my arm. You weren't the normal Jade I'm used to. What's up?"

I sighed. "I was just taking care of you, that's all."

"Jade, I broke my arm! I wasn't ill! Do you know how many pills I had to take so I could cope with your weird behaviour?!" she shouted.

"You were taking extra pills?!" I shouted even louder. Perrie winced. I was shocked. Perrie was taking extra pills?! "Perrie! You know how bad that is!"

"I was getting annoyed with you! You were acting strange and it was the only way I could cope!" she retorted, briefly glancing at me before looking back at the road. I frowned and crossed my arms, annoyed at her. I slumped down in my chair and looked out the window.

"Jade." Her hand touched my leg but I shrunk away from it. "Jade, I'm sorry. It was all I could do to not lash out and hurt you." I turned my back on her, as far as it could go. It was silent until I spoke up.

"I still love you," I muttered.

"Jade-"

"No!" I turned back to her. "Why won't you date me? What's wrong with me?" I was frustrated but I needed to discuss this with her before I left. I was not leaving England again in another fight with her. Not after all that had happened.

"Nothing's wrong with you, Jadey. You're perfect. I won't date you because I think it'll be a bit awkward. With the engagement and all . . ." she trailed off, ring sparkling in the sunlight.

I was silent before replying. "I don't . . . Could we at least please try? I don't care about the engagement, I don't care if we have to sneak around. Please Perrie!"

She sighed. "Alright, fine."

A grin spread across my face, despite the fact I was mad at her for taking those extra pills. "Thank you! I love you so much!"

A different look crossed her face, I couldn't recognise it, before she replied with, "I love you too."

I looked at her shocked. "Really?"

She sighed before replying. "Yeah. I love you Jade. More than anything. And I'd rather be with you than in this stupid engagement with someone I don't even know that much about, let alone love." I started at her, trying to process what she was saying. By then we were at Heathrow and trying to find a park. We found a park and hopped out.

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked as I grabbed my bags.

"I don't know. I'll sneak around with you, even though that sounds really bad, and when we get caught, if we get caught, I'll think up something . . . I really can't back out of this engagement, sorry Jadey. They will stop the contract and there isn't any other place I can go." Perrie looked down at her shoes, sadness crossing her face, as we made our way through the doors, into the cool airport.

"It's okay," I said, placing a hand on her arm. "We'll figure something out." I checked in and it was soon time for me to go through customs. Perrie stood there, playing with her bracelet. I watched her before grabbing her into a hug.

"I'm sorry I complicated things," I murmured into her blonde hair.

"It's fine. You didn't, honestly. I'm glad you came and complicated things. It made me realise that I don't have to marry Zayn and that I have another choice," she replied, pulling away from the hug and looking into my eyes. I felt them welling up as the seconds went by.

"Don't cry, Jadey. You'll make me cry," Perrie said, taking a strand of my hair from my face, and tucking it behind my ear. The tears spilled over at the thought of her crying and I pulled her into a hug again. I felt her body shaking as she sobbed quietly as well. We both pulled away, tear stained cheeks and runny noses. Then I realised I had to go.

"I have to go," I said, wiping my nose. "Bye Perrie. I love you."

Perrie pulled me into one last hug. "I love you too, Jadey," she whispered in my ear, out of view of the 'hidden' paps who were snapping photos of us. I really wanted to kiss her but I couldn't because one, it was too early, and two, I'd just make more complications in her life and she doesn't need that. I picked up my bags and turned towards the entrance to customs. I didn't look back, I couldn't, because I knew if I saw Perrie crying, I'd go running back and would never leave. I left without another word.