Ethan took over his father's business when he was really young, right out of college. Now, he's twenty five and from what I knew, he was too good at his jon. I had never doubted his abilities - I knew how versatile he was and given any circumstance, he is the kind of person that you can count on to bring a solution. He is the man in the storm. And all the appreciation he was subjected to since he took over the company was completely justified.

Being one of the eligible bachelors in the world, he was always seen hooking up with girls but he never had a serious relationship with anyone.

I had never paid more attention to him after I learned that he was going to get married in a few weeks. I heard of his engagement and that he was not revealing his wedding date to anyone. He was going to have a private wedding with his fiance. No one even knew who the girl was.

After knowing it, I felt foolish to ever think he was stuck up on me like I was on him. He moved on and even agreed for a wedding with someone. It was almost heart breaking for me to know that the only guy I ever loved was getting married to someone else.

I blocked every source that would make me aware of what was happening in his life. It's been a week since I uninstalled every app in my mobile just so I could know nothing about him. I went to Malaysia for a long vacation alone and took my time in relaxing since I didn't have any work.

I was going to start the filming of my next movie after a few weeks so I had very little time for myself. Right now, I was flying to Manhattan to attend one of my friend's wedding. She was my college friend in London and we used to hang out together. She was a really close friend if mine but we drifted apart after being away from eachother after we graduated. But when she told me just a week ago that she was going to get married, I knew that I wouldn't miss it for the world. At least for old times' sake.

She was 24 too, and owned a boutique of her own. Although she dreamt of being an actress, she didn't actually hold onto that dream for long. While I flowed the path I always wanted to choose, she let her mind sway her passions.

I shook the thoughts off my head as my body yearned for rest. Acting on instinct, I let sleep take over my mind.

***

I entered the villa where Lindsey called me. It was a small cozy house, with numerous plants and trees around. The white marble glistened amongst the pink flowers and ribbons with which it was decorated. I smiled to myself at the beautiful sight and went inside. I quickly spotted the room which read BRIDE in italics on a black plate.

"Look who's here!" I announced my arrival and rushed into the room with one of my brightest smiles. But much to my dismay, my smile wavered away as soon as I saw the sight of the room and a weeping Lindsey in the middle of it.

The wedding gown was discarded on the floor, the white cloth making a pool of itself. The jewellery was carelessly thrown on the bed, along with the other make up products. Numerous pairs of shoes and gloves were scattered on the floor along with few more clothes.

Lindsey looked relieved as soon as she realised that it was me. It felt as though the blood drained from her face upon realising that someone just walked in when she was all deranged. When her eyes found mine, tears ran down her swollen cheeks.

"Lindsey, what's wrong?" I asked as soon as I steadied her by her shoulder. Her shoulders were shaking uncontrollably and I had to pressed my palms tighter so as to stop her shaking body.

"I'm so glad you came," Lindsey spoke through her wobbling lips. "I really needed you."

"Tell me what the matter is," I spoke impatiently. I've never witnessed any bride cry like that before her wedding. What was wrong with her? "Why is there no one in here? And where is the wedding happening?"