Chapter 17

Chapter-17

Diana Thomas's POV

"Thank you", I said as I took Martin's hand and carefully put my foot in the boat.

"You are welcome Cara Mia", he said and I smiled at him.

He carefully made me sit on the wooden bench with dark blue cloth and a soft pillow on it. He put his hands around me and I leaned back into his chest. Then the old man who stood at the other side of the boat turned to look forward and slowly the boat moved. I looked around everything. The water is so pure. They are in blue colour. There are five floored buildings on either side.

Martin didn't bring any security with us. He said he wanted to spend time with me alone. Also, I am happy that he didn't allow security. They will be like a walking shadow where ever we walk. We had our lunch already and Martin showed me some places. Everything here is so beautiful. At two O' clock, he took me to shopping. I didn't want to buy anything because I already have what I want.

He insisted that we have to go. While we shopped, many women flirted with him. He seemed unaffected by them. I don't know if he knew they were flirting with them, but I burned with jealousy the whole time.

He bought me a watch, which I should say is really beautiful. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. It has diamonds in it. Also, the dial is made of silver. I tried to return it back to him and told him to return it back to the shop where he bought it from, but he warned me that I should wear it, right then and there.

We walked around for some time and he took me the popular places of Venice and I love everything about it. I felt so happy. Most of all I felt and am feeling happy because it is Martin with whom I am watching everything. I never thought I will watch the city I love with the person I lov-no no like so much. Di for a minute I say I love him? No. I think it is not love. I can't fall in love with someone easily.

"Cara Mia, where are you? What are you thinking about?", his concerned voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing. I was just... thinking".

"About what?", he asked looking into my eyes. About us.

"Umm... Nothing", I said shaking my head while looking down.

"Really?".

"Really. Now, where are we going?", I asked looking around.

"It's a surprise", he said while pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What? Now?! It's already six in the evening!".

"Yeah. So what? Is it a problem?".

"No. Nothing like that".

"Good", he said and kissed my head.

I looked forward and we came over a small bridge. It is a whole new experience to me. I never went on any trips, even at school except if it's for grades. Soon the boat stopped and we stopped near something that looked like a hotel. Martin got out first and helped me out. He took my hand and entwined our fingers before pulling me closer to him.

I saw a man came out and greeted Martin. Martin just gave him a curt nod with a serious look. I rolled my eyes at him.

"We arranged everything the way you asked sir. This way", he said gesturing me with his hand. I smiled at him genuinely. He gave me a small smile back and we walked inside. The hotel inside is so wonderful. The interior is so nice. We walked the other side of the hotel and instantly my hand flew to my mouth. I saw Martin brushing his hand off in the air and the man left.