Open Your Eyes ✨

Start from the beginning

"Because we're at a three right now and are you seriously trying to defend him?"

I shake my head, "Of course not"

"Kendra it's obvious he likes you, you know how I know?" "Because someone can always tell when someone else wants their girl" He explains and I roll my eyes.

"I think you're being dramatic" I say.

"And I think you're being naive" He snaps back.

I widen my eyes at him wondering who the fuck he thinks he's talking to, "Open your eyes Kendra, he likes you" He states and walks away.

^.^.^

On the way home all I could think about was what Jermaine had said. There is no way in hell Cole likes me, he's annoying as fuck!

I set my bag down on the floor and take a seat on my bed. Laying back on my bed I hear a knock at my door and David and Keon comes in dressed in shorts and a jersey.

"Where were y'all we were waiting" David demands while pulling the basketball from behind him.

I shrug my shoulders, "Jermaine isn't really happy with me right now so he went home" I tell them and Keon asks why.

"Shit that happened at Iris's party involving Cole" I answer and David rolls his eyes.

"He's still on the shit, he's starting to sound like a lil bitch now" He comments and Keon just seems lost.

"I'm sorry what happened?" He asks and once I explain the situation to him he actually laughs.

"Tell that nigga it's not that serious, grow a pair and come ball out next time", and with that Keon leaves the room but David stays behind.

"Does Jermaine really think you would ever choose Cole over him I mean come on now" David asks and I agree with him.

He takes a seat on my floor and I lay back in my bed, "God I just want to graduate and get away from all these people" I confess and he agrees.

"Facts"

I breathe and check my watch, "Aren't you and Nicole going out?" I question and David throws his head back.

"Yeah, I'm taking her to dinner because she complains we never go anywhere" He tells me and I just say oh.

He stares at me, "Don't be a snitch and tell her that too" He demands and I put my hands up.

"Whatever, it's yall business anyways" I reply and with that David gets up off the floor and heads out closing my door.

I roll over onto my side and begin to feel sleepy. My eyes begin to drift close and then my phone dings. I use my hand to look for it and when the screen comes up it's Cole. I instantly sit up and read it.

From: Sterling

Did you do the homework?

Homework? This nigga been m.i.a for days and the first thing he asks for is homework?

Where have you been?

I await his response and when the three bubble things come up I hold my phone a little closer.

From: Sterling

Out

Well, a no duh!

You've missed a lot and my grades are suffering for it what the hell!

I add plenty of angry emojis and gifs so there is no miscommunication, I am pissed at him.

From: Sterling

Do you have the homework or not?

Oh I have something for you alright!

Rolling my eyes I pull out all the work we've done these past few days and send it to him. I await a thank you and when it comes I just want to ask him questions.

What the hell was all that?

Why hasn't he been to school?

What is he doing?

Taking a breath I send him a text.

Are you good bro? U been acting real funny these last few days?

I press send and sit back and twiddle my thumbs waiting for him to respond. Ding!

From: Sterling

Nothing you'll care about just worry about yourself

What that mean?

From: Sterling

It means worry about yourself and not me you've made it very clear that you don't fuck with me so just stop

I'm just making sure you're good bro and not contemplating your life

From: Sterling

I'm contemplating a lot of things and just like a couple weeks ago when Queen was talking all that shit and you felt bad about it, do you feel bad now?

Ain't nobody feeling bad for your sorry ass!

I add an annoyed emoji and wonder to myself is this guy on his period, all I did was ask a question why he acting like a little bitch?

From: Sterling

So if you don't feel sorry for me than why are you still talking to me? You coulda sent the homework and that be that?

You know what my bad next time you get thrown in the pool and come out crying like a lil bitch I won't hit you up!

I swipe out of my imessages and I feel angry in my blood. I growl/yell in frustration because obviously Cole is going through some shit. That is the only explanation! Rolling my eyes I lay back down and decide to take a nap. Maybe when I wake up things will make sense.

A/N: New update! My bad yall I've been doing college stuff all damn week and I have some free time so why not update! Thanks for reading even though I haven't been able to update ya'll are still supporting by adding to your reading lists and voting so thanks, love ya bunches!