Chapter 7

He surveyed his kingdom and was satisfied that he was making people happy

He surveyed his kingdom and was satisfied that he was making people happy. Everywhere he looked people were smiling, laughing, drinking, and dancing. Some even seemed to be having the time of their lives. The drinks were flowing, and the music was bumping.

The dancefloors of the multi-level club were full of people in varying states of inebriation, jostling and gyrating to the heavy beat the DJ was throwing down. The bars were busy, hopping. He surveyed each from his loft above it all. He had a bird's eye view of his dominion. He could see everything.

He watched Ariel's bar for a long moment. Esther, the richly dressed long-haired thin woman had caught his eye, she was usually upstairs, near to or hanging off of Scott's arm. She saddled on up to the sharp young man with the man-bun and dark brown hair that usually sat at the end of the bar and left with a different girl every night. Avriel hadn't taken anybody home with him lately. He wondered if this woman was the reason why. She put her arm around him. Kevin could feel the tension from behind the heavy glass two stories up. She was not.

He watched Ariel as she flipped and spun the bottles through the air, behind her back, and over her shoulders while she mixed a drink for Esther. The liquid started out a milky white. Bright streaks of blue swirled into the glass as Ariel added the last ingredient turning the glass on the micro turntable she set on the bar.

He was very impressed. Ariel was his highest grosser every night. He was certain that the hundred-dollar Scotch that Avi ordered from her every night was a big boost.

Also, she never let a patron slide or paid for their drink for them like all his other bartenders seemed to. Ariel delivered a considerably superior level of service and occasionally a show like the one he'd just watched. He couldn't help the surge of pride that ran through him. He watched a while longer before turning his attention to Frank's bar, then eventually Anya's. Each offered something unique to each of their clientele.

For Anya, he was certain it was her sex appeal. Man, she was beautiful. Tall, thin, appropriately busty, with a thin waistline and generous hips, and legs up to her brilliant blue eyes. Her skin was absolutely flawless. The way she dressed was likely to be a plus. He ensured that her clothing was mildly modest and kept most of her skin covered. As a result, more men flocked to her bar than women.

Frank's bar, on the other hand, drew in more women than men. That was only natural. Frank was handsome in the way that most handsome men were handsome. His eyes were blue and always clear. He kept his dark blond hair cut in the trending style of the day. He wore it messy and kept a soft beard and dressed extremely well. He had sure hands a soft voice and a warm heart. The women adored him. He worked hard, served well and laughed. His smile was made of sunshine and it drew everyone in.