Final Decision: Part 1

A/n
This chapter might be a bit long, sorry about that! I, uh, haven't written it yet, so I'm not sure how long it will be... Welp. Let's get on with the chapter, shall we?
___________
Your POV:
"Uh, welp, looks like we'll just get started," Sans says. He looks at the DT Extractor, and presses a button. The whole thing lights up. You can literally hear Frisk shaking. Sans gestures with his hand. "Cmon, kiddo, nothing to be worried about..."

Frisk takes a step relentlessly. Then another. And another. Sans narrows his eyes. "Now, kiddo, I know you're trying to be funny, but now is not the time." His left eye flashes blue as he forces Frisk into the machine.

What's gotten into him? I've never seen him like this before...

You can hear Frisk yelling in there. "Hey, Smiley! It's dark in here!"

Smiley?!

"Hey, Asriel."

Asriel turns to face you. "What is it, (Y/N)?"

"W...why don't we leave the room?" you ask awkwardly, taking a few steps toward the doorway in front of you.

"Um, okay." The two of you scurry towards the doorway. Sans doesn't seem to notice.

Once you guys are out of earshot, you start pelting questions at Asriel. "What's wrong with Sans? Does he usually act like this? Did Frisk do something to him? Did you? Did-"

"Oh, (Y/N), not again..." Asriel says. "As an answer to your second question, Sans doesn't usually do this, but I think I know why he's doing it now."

"Why?"

"Well... I... you know the language Sans can read. The Wingdings?"

"Yeah?" You're not sure what this has to do with the conversation.

"Well, I think he might have known the guy who wrote it... but the guy who wrote it is non-existent, so nobody remembers, and now he's so desperate to find him, he'll do anything to get it," Asriel rambles.

"Huh. Doesn't seem like the Sans I know..." you say. "But what did that book say?"

"Exactly," Asriel says. "That's what we're trying to find out." He holds up just palm, which is empty, and the book shimmers into his hand.

"What, are we supposed to find a translator?"

"Actually, yes."

"But what about Sans? He's not going to know where we went."

"Eh, don't worry about Sans," Asriel says. "He's too busy with Frisk."

You hear Frisk scream and some buzzing sounds. You shudder. You definitely don't want to be in her place. For a change, you're glad your SOUL is Mahogany.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Asriel says. "Let's get going."

________
"Why hello there! What are you children up to?" Toriel asks as she scrubs a dish.

"We, uh, wanted to see the local monsters' library," Asriel says.

"Yeah, I've wanted to see it ever since it got built," you say in fake excitement. Not like the library is a bad place or anything. You really like the library actually.

"Oh, well, I am pretty sure that it is right outside the neighborhood. Turn left, then go right for some time, and you will see it. Are you sure you do not want anyone to drive you?"

"Yeah, it's fine Mom!" Asriel says. Before she can respond, he is already racing outside.

"Well, um, bye," you say to Toriel. Then you walk in the direction Asriel went, trying to catch up.