Memories

Frisk's POV:
Before I can say anything, or even tap Chara on the shoulder, I'm whisked away in memories. Chara's memories.

Evy falls down. Chara's ghost follows her. I see them chatting, talking, giggling. They've become close friends.

Then, I hear Chara say. "Evylin, I don't know what I would do without you."

"Aw, Chara, it's fine! I'll get to the surface. Everybody will go to the surface!"

Chara raises an eyebrow, but doesn't say anything. They walk out of the Ruins and into Snowdin. I notice there's no Papyrus. No Sans. No whoopee cushion to greet them.

Then suddenly the memory changes.

Evy walking past a blank area in Snowdin. I've never seen it before.

But I have.

It's where Sans and Papyrus' house is, but it hasn't been built yet. Where the Christmas spirity house was, there was just white frost-freckled snow.

The two walk to Waterfall, and Chara says, "I used to have a really good friend. Before I died."

Evy nods.

Chara continues. "But, although I swore they were my one and only best friend, I... I feel like that's not true. That there's room for more."

"So... who is it? This new friend, I mean." Evy asks.

"You can't tell?" Chara says. Evy makes a confused face. "It's you, Evylin."

Then the scene switches again.

They're in Judgement Hall. Asgore is in front of them.

"You can do this, Evy," Chara says. "This is the only way you can go home."

I watch them fight. Evy bounces on the tips of her toes. Meanwhile Chara tells our tips like, "Watch out!" or "Quick! Dodge!" and one time, even,"Eat the pie! It lowers his defence!"

I watch the fight, silently rooting for Evylin. Sweat mixes with blood as Evy pants. Her blue hair whips around as she dodges a fireball. But then I see it coming behind her.

"Behind you!" Chara cries out, but it does no good. The fireball hits Evy and scorches her back.

EVYLIN LV1 0/18 HP

Evylin crumples to the ground in a heap.

"No, Evy! Please... don't-"

Evy doesn't say anything, her eyes closed. But she's not dead yet. I can hear her thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Chara... but I can't do anything. This is where Fate scheduled me to die, and I have to accept it."

"No, Evy! Not yet! PLEASE can't you-"

"You are the most amazing person I've ever met. You're gonna get me back. I know it."

Tears fall from Chara's eyes. "I-I... I'm sorry I couldn't save you now. But I promise I'll get you back. I promise.

I don't hear Evy say anything, but I see a hint of a smile on her face. Just like that, she's gone.

Chara collapses on the ground. "Why... Dad, why did you do it? The minute I find a person who can be a friend... you just... take it away!" Even though Chara is a ghost, her tears are real when they fall onto the golden tiles.