The Missing SOUL

Asriel's POV:
Chara? Finding them? To me, it seems like a long shot, but it can't hurt to try.

"So... Chara's been inside my head this whole time?" Frisk starts.

"In... your head?" (Y/N) asks. She's the only one who doesn't know this. Frisk has already told me, and I know she told Sans too.

Frisk thinks for a moment. "Well, it's like they're talking in my head. Maybe they're giving me prior knowledge on something, or advice, or..." she trails off. "Like right now they're saying to cut to the chase."

"So...?"I say, gesturing for Frisk to continue.

"Well, when I went to Toriel's house the first time I came down here, I was... exploring. The house, I mean. And I grabbed a book from the library.

"The book... was about human SOULs. It was really outdated, so it didn't have anything about Mahogany SOULs," Frisk says, glancing at (Y/N).

"But, nevertheless, I read it. And the power of Yellow SOULs-"

"The SOUL of Justice," (Y/N) says, cutting Frisk off. "Austin."

"Yes. Yellow SOULs' powers are very... mental. One of their powers is Karma, which is also what Sans uses." At this she looks at Sans. "The other one is... kind of weird. Apparently, they can also make ghosts come back to life. Which may include Chara."

My fists clench up. "You had a way of getting Chara back this whole time and you choose to tell it now?!"

"Well, I didn't think you would mind..."

"Of course I would mind! They're my sibling, what do you think?" I say.

"And anyways, it would never work back then. Austin was still dead back then."

"I don't care! At least I would've known there was a way! At least I would have a reason to be alive!" I stop, and keep my senses. "Whatever, there's no use in arguing about this. Continue."

"Sorry, Azzy... I-I should've told you earlier, I..." Frisk's eyes become watery as she runs toward the direction of New Home.

We all watch her leave for a couple seconds.

"Good job, Asriel. You just ruined our chance of getting Chara back."Sans says to me.

"Not like there ever was a chance in the first place..." I grumble.

"Guys? It's fine. Frisk's plan was probably pretty obvious: We go to Austin, somehow get him to agree that he will get Chara out of Frisk, and problem solved!" (Y/N) says. Gosh, she's so optimistic. I never would've thought of that.

"Just one problem, (Y/N). If we somehow get this Austin guy to agree, Frisk is doing God knows what in God knows where. So how do we get to her?" Sans asks.

"Um... she'll come whenever she's ready?" I say. He looks at me, confused. "Okay, no."

"Why don't I go right now and convince Austin?" (Y/N) asks. "You guys can search for Frisk."

"That... actually isn't a bad idea," I say.

"So, do we just start now?" Sans asks.