36. I'll Be Unfair

Start from the beginning

"So what's the deal?" He asked as soon as button up the jacket.

"What's the hurry, let me order myself a drink first, you want something?" I asked him as I called a waiter and order one very berry soda drink.

"I am in crises Douglas, not money, but I need someone's number" no need to beat around the bushes and waste time right.

"You know the policy Susan I can only help if I got something in return" With that waiter brought my drink and immediately went away after placing it.

"I know that is why I am ready to trade, you can take my customized Range rover parked outside in return of that number no question asked and no words spilled" I know there is a chance he could say no but let's hope he will say yes.

"I'm interested in something else" He said I knew it this will happen as much as a good friend, he is to me, but he is awfully professional. The deal is the deal he won't budge, what he wants is exactly what he gets.

"What is a catch then?" I asked.

"You remember, how you used to be my lucky charm, right?" He asked and I nodded in response

"You just have to be my partner tonight. " He knows, I won't do it again, he almost got me killed last time I sat with him in his car as his partner.

"No way in the world you almost got me killed remember?" I exclaimed in  fear. I know I'm in problem, but that does not mean that I want to die so soon.

"Keyword Susan almost you're still alive with all bones and flesh" He pointed out.

"I'm not sure, it is terrifying. " I told him truthfully

"Why? I'll be there I swear nothing will happen, don't worry. Plus, if you refused no deal will happen."  He said while standing up. I did the same after putting the money under the glass.

"I'll take up to your offer" I replied and with that he exit the bar, I did the happy dance in my mind victory baby victory.

I followed him out where on the first end of the track stood shiny royal blue mustang with a roaring engine and Douglas is all set in the driver's seat.

"You're not planning to stand there all night right?" I shook my head and sat beside him in the passenger seat. He rolled the sleeves of his jacket and united a scarf wrapped around it and hand it to me.

With a confusing state I took it and give it a proper look to recognize it was mine old scarf. I give him a look of confusion.

"When you left I thought your things will do the same for me providing me the luck so I used to wear it in each and every race around my wrist" I nodded in response not knowing what exactly should I say.

Soon there is crowd outside the car. It's the moment you know you can't back off now. Where is the hell that Oliver is when I need him, probably  reporting my behaviour to Xavier.

It's not bad, right? That I'm hoping we die in this race, but I wish Douglas survive. It's ultimate solution I don't have to deal with Adrian anymore, but life is not easy and it shouldn't be too.

I'm born fighter and every time when life mess up with me I always find way out either fairly or unfairly and this time I'll be unfair. I gave a final glance towards the crowd and turn my face ahead the road, we have only 5 competitors tonight.

"What's the strategy tonight?" I asked Douglas.

"As usual we won't go according to rules," He smirked at me I gave him look of approval since I know what exactly gonna happen.