The Story of the Legend Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"Yes! Now let's get you dolled up for your hot date, tonight!" In Hye told her excitedly.

"Oh jeez. Now I'm regretting telling you about this date. Not too much make up okay?"

"I'm not making any promises."

Amari groaned as she followed In Hye to her bedroom.

Hours later, it was time for Amari to get ready for her date with Su Hyun. She showered, brushed her teeth, lotioned, perfumed, powdered herself all over, before dressing herself in a black dress that she splurged herself on for when she wanted to go out and have a nice time. The moment Amari saw it in the store she instantly wanted the dress. She fell in love with it at first sight. It was perfect for her.

Amari then went to comb and brush her hair, styling it in a fro, before putting on jewelry next. Her mother gave her both a pair of diamond earrings and necklace for her birthday. Her mother wanted her to have beautiful jewelry for any special occasion.

Lastly, were the shoes. Like the dress, Amari instantly fell in love the pair of shoes at first sight. They were a little too high for her, but she eventually learned how to walk in them.

Amari checked herself out in the vanity mirror, twirling around. She liked what she saw in the mirror, smiled and headed towards In Hye's bedroom where she will make her up. She was only going to use blush, lipstick, eyeliner, and eye shadow. Foundation wouldn't work for her since the two friends have different skin complexions, and she doesn't buy make up for herself. She prefers going au natural, except some lipstick here and there.

Amari felt embarrassed as she allowed her best friend to put on the makeup. She gave her mother a hard time with it, but here she is, easily letting her friend do it. It wasn't like she had a choice though. In Hye was going to put makeup on her one way or another. Amari might as well have made it her choice instead of In Hye's.

"Alright, perfect." In Hye said as she finished dolling up Amari.

Amari opened her eyes and stared at her reflection in the mirror in shock. It was like she was looking at a different person. She lightly touched her face, before smiling slightly.

"Wow, you did a great job." She complimented her friend. "It's like I'm staring at a new person."
"Thank you. I wasn't going to miss out on this opportunity to spruce you up a bit. I want this night to be perfect for you".

"It seems like you're more excited about my date than I am." Amari chuckled.

"How can I not be? My friend is finally becoming a woman".

"Whoa, don't get ahead of ourselves, now. It's just a first date. We will see how this goes".

"You know what I mean. Get your head out the gutter". In Hye told her, nudging her in the shoulder playfully.

The two of them laughed until the doorbell rang.

"Have fun, Amari." In Hye wished her friend as she pushed her towards the door, gently.

Opening the door, Su Hyun was caught by surprise and speechless at how drop-dead gorgeous Amari was. He stared at her; mouth opened slightly as he checked her out up and down. The dress she wore embraced her curves just right. The heels made her exposed legs look longer. He didn't know what he was expecting but wasn't expecting this.

Amari grinned as she combed a few strands of hair behind her ear as she waited for Su Hyun to gain his composure back.
"Like what you see?" She asked, snapping him from his thoughts.

"You look exquisite." He told her. "You dressed up for me?" He grinned back at her.

"Yeah, probably won't see a lot of this. Depends on how the date goes". Amari said, flicking his nose playfully and walking past him.