"Get in the back," Max says when we stop outside his friends house.

"Excuse me?"

"Get in the back."

"I heard you. Your bimbo friend isn't taking shotgun."

"I'm driving and it's my car so I make the rules."

"I'm not moving."

"Move."

"I'm not moving."

"Move."

"I'm not moving!"

"Move!"

"Fine! But you owe me food." I climb into the backseat and try to ignore Max and Casey flirting the whole way until we arrive at the go-carting place. Wesley and Brooke are already inside laughing at something when we walk in. I get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach from the sight of it.

"What's so funny?" I ask and they stop laughing.

"Nothing, you had to be here to see it," Brooke says and I just nod. Wesley must sense my saltiness because he furrows his eyebrows and gives me a questioning look which I ignore and turn away.

When Tyler gets here we change into the overalls the workers give us and get helmets. Wesley comes up close to my ear while i'm tying my hair back,

"Don't you just look adorable in that overall," he whispers.

"Surprised you'd notice, considering you're too busy finding things hilarious with Brooke."

"Not even gonna try to hide that you're jealous?"

"I'm not jealous," I scoff.

"Oh no, what if something bad happens?" Casey cries when Tyler and Brooke walk though the gate to the track.

"It won't. It's completely safe," Max assures.

"Actually; it's not. You could break your neck," I say then walk through the gate, already feeling bad about saying that. It's Wesley's fault for getting me in a mood.

"Ready to lose, Yasmin?" Tyler says from his cart.

"I'd rather die than let you beat me at anything," I pull on my helmet, feeling determined.

As soon as the worker dude waves the flag, i'm speeding ahead past Tyler and Brooke, skidding round the corner that the others slow down for. I smile to myself, knowing i'm gonna kick their asses until the next narrow turn that I go too wide on and Wesley ends up taking over. Dickhead.

For the rest of the way I try to take over him again but all he does is cut me off and I almost crash into the back of him. When you're as competitive as me, this is very frustrating.

"I hate you!" I yell, pulling my helmet off and getting out of the cart.

"Don't be a bad loser," he smirks.

"I should have won but my cart had something wrong with it and wouldn't go fast enough," Tyler claims and we both roll our eyes in response.

Getting out of my overalls, I give everything back to the guy then turn around to see Max making out with Casey.

"Where are the restrooms?" I ask the worker.

"First door down that corridor."

I thank him and walk down. When I open the door to the small unisex toilet, I realise Wes is behind me. Standing in front of the mirror, I begin to fix my ponytail which turned into a mess from the helmet.