Missing Piece by Twistbee

Cold afternoon air whips through me. The sweet smell of honey dances along the gust of wind taunting my sensitivity. My fangs ache at the very scent swirling around me. My throat suddenly dries like a dessert longing for rain. Venom is creeping up. My mind is screaming for the thick and burgundy liquid. My predator side has been awakened.

An angelic face turns to me. Her silky black hair sways in every breath of the sea. Her dress slightly heaves up as it tries to run after the wind exposing her rosy skin.

A smile filled with nothing but glee etched on her lips. The smile that sedates the reckless demon that resides in me.

''Hey'',she calls out softly. Her voice is so soothing. The voice that effortlessly relaxes the spasm in my body. The voice I long wanted to hear. The only music I wanted to play.

Then her hand lifts up to my face caressing it as gentle as a feather. Her thumb softly traces my sturdy jawline.

I locked my gaze unto her grey irises.

''Hey'',I replied wrapping her slender waist with my hands. My voice gruff,venomous and null of innocence.

Slowly,I brought my lips to hers claiming it hungrily yet passionately. Her kiss is enough to quench my consistent thirst,enough to satisfy my hunger. It's all that I need.

When I opened my eyes,the woman I loved was no longer there. There was nothing but void. I was just embracing the air. I was just listening to the laughter of the ocean breeze,listening to the rustle of the sea. I was just inhaling the divine smell of Earth. I was just staring at the golden orange splattered all over the horizon together with the ball of flame sluggishly sinking into the west. She was just another painful memory of my past. A memory that will haunt me eternally.

It's been a century since her death yet I'm still hallucinating those happy moments with her. Why can't I forget her? Is this my punishment for being so selfish?

Red fluid cascaded down my cheeks. Everything I see reminds me of her especially the sunset.

She was my everything. She lit my dark world. She gave me warmth. She melted down my frozen soul. She made my dead heart beat again. She brought out my soft side. She gave me reason to live. And now that she's gone,I'm nothing but a void that can never be patched up,shattered pieces that can never be mended back,a puzzle that can never be solved forever because a piece of me is missing.

-Twistbee