Prince Charming- cchinu

By cchinu  

PRINCE CHARMING

Lush green meadows engulfed the castle from all sides. Dark clouds clustered over a far away land leaving the sky above the castle spotless. Sun shone above in its full honor, well aware of that approaching storm. It wanted to rain all its heat before the lightening took over.

But none of this mattered to the folks of fairy land. They were all rushing through the gates of castle to bear witness to the marriage of the century. The fate written in heaven, the treaty signed by the kings, and the pleasantries shared by the dignitaries, all meant just one thing; the marriage of their princess to the king of demon land.

Not a single person had cared to ask the princess of her opinion though. As Devika cried her eyes out in an isolated room of her tower, she wondered what made all those people happy. Was it her marriage to the demon, or her demise into an unknown land?

She stared out of the only window in her room. The weather was taking a turn slowly. Cold winds had started to blow, making the stone walls of the tower even colder. Her father had ordered her to wear a bright red gown to celebrate the occasion. That was her favorite gown, and she was glad she atleast got to wear it today. It complimented her fair skin and blonde hair perfectly.

Small oil lamps shone in the room, but it was the occasional flash of lightening that really illuminated the room. Devika was sure the devil had brought this storm with him. She had never met the man, and yet she was supposed to spend the life with him. Why? She asked. There was no one to answer her questions.

The man she loved, the one she should be marrying was banned from the kingdom for loving her. She had pleaded her father to think again, that she won't be happy, but nothing deterred the decision of king. Devika stood up and bolted the door of her room from the inside. If she could not be of her love, she won't be of anyone else.

The storm was knocking the castle's door now. Rain drops thumped on the stone walls as the lightening added its thunder to the mix. Amongst all this cluster of noise, princess heard a distinctive clang, the sound of metal on the stone walls. She watched towards the window in confusion. A large flash of lightening revealed the silhouette of a figure standing in her window. A man clad in the shining white armor, her savior.

The man landed in her room and strode to her. Taking her in his strong arms, he brought his lips close to her, and spoke in a voice she had longed so much.

"Fear not my princess, your prince charming has arrived to save you."

"Someone please save me!" the kid shouted slamming the book shut on his lap, "When will these writers learn that such things don't amuse us anymore."