Mine by hellocheeky

By hellocheeky

Mine

Gabi was done with a day's work and was walking the wet streets alone, one night. She couldn't wait to get to the house. She was exhausted but still had so many things to look forward to that wasn't work.

She felt the buzz of her phone in her pocket and took it out to find a text message from a friend.

'I'm at ur place. My roommate was being a shit so thank god i found ur spare key. See ya .xx'

She smirked at the message and continued to stride to her already nearby house.

It would be seen as risky, walking the streets alone at night. But Gabi didn't seem to care. She's not perceived to be reckless for nothing.

It has been on the news that a kidnapper is on the loose. A kidnapper who particularly abducted young women.

According to the detectives, each reported kidnapping got more and more unpredictable which made it difficult to investigate. It was baffling the police. For this, the police are yet to find the abducted girls.

As Gabi arrived at the front door of her home, her loud intruder was already audible. With her phone still in hand, she proceeded inside expecting her friend to be screaming in shock over a TV show.

Although, it wasn't her friend's usual loudness at all.

That night, she was met by not one but two intruders. Her brows furrowed and her jaw slowly dropped at the view. She felt herself start to panic yet initially stood frozen.

She witnessed as her friend was being frightened by a mysterious man. Her friend was on the floor, desperately trying to get away from the man.

Eventually, she found it in her to fight before her friend got more hurt. She's not the type to just let such atrocity happen.

She sprinted to the man and jumped on his back for control then kept hitting his head and tugging on his hair. The man was strong and hurled her onto the floor. She felt the air push out of her lungs and a sharp pain in her head. The impact also made her lose her grip on her phone. The man left her be, thinking she was defeated.

Even a feisty woman gets hurt... but she never gives up.

Her friend wailed and thrashed about in an attempt to break free from the man whilst Gabi carefully got back up, regained her senses, and grabbed her nearby wooden foldable chair that she thought could serve as a weapon.

Her friend was slowly relieved when she saw Gabi sneaking behind the intruder. Gabi hit the intruder on the side of his head and her friend watched in astonishment as he was knocked out.

Her friend has never been so terrified her whole life. She wiped her face drenched with tears and exhaled deeply. She was just so glad it was all over.

Breathless, Gabi took the man's feet together and dragged him elsewhere. She dragged his weight all the way to her basement.

Her friend remained on the cold floor but grew impatient as she began to wonder what's taking Gabi so long to call the police. Even though she was grateful for her rescue, she had no time to lay shocked and hurt; she needed the authorities to take action.

She noticed Gabi's phone that was left on the floor and decided to make the call herself and so reached for it. With her hands still shaking, she proceeded to dial but was interrupted.

Gabi finally got back to her but only to take her phone back... and not to make a call, apparently.

"We don't need the police," Gabi said in a manner that seemed ominous and her friend was taken aback.

"Gabi, w– what are you talking about... we need to call 911," she anxiously spoke.

Gabi chuckled then looked her straight in the eye and uttered, "You're mine."

This confused her friend but eventually put the pieces together and felt an all too familiar fear. What had I led myself into? She regretted.

Gabi then forcefully put her hand on her friend's mouth to refrain her from getting attention. She was lucky enough that the earlier commotion hadn't bothered the neighbours.

Her friend's tears flowed back as she writhed under Gabi's restraint.

Up to this day, the abducted girls of that town are yet to be found.

-End-