Through the Ages ( SerVamp Oneshot all hail sakuya )

Start from the beginning

"Watanuki Sakuya, Yumikawa Hiruma, Okazaki Yukiko, Habashira Seryuu. The four of you will work on this project as a group."

The other students in the classroom thanked the teacher's random teaming from the bottom of their hearts. They didn't want to associate themselves with the fancy-haired, red-eyed dude.

Among his group members, the two females seemed to be wary of him, though, the male simply grinned at him and waved. He knew he shouldn't be thinking such stuff at a time where he had finished willing himself to forget about his foolishness in the past, but this person, Yumikawa Hiruma, was very much familiar.

So fucking familiar that it stung his eyes a little bit.

---

As the afternoon bell rang, Sakuya collected his bag from the hook on his table and moved over to the lockers in no rush. He didn't have to wait for the other students to move, or squeeze into a single file with them.

He repelled them naturally, so he could loiter around the hallways with ease.

Just as he finished up with switching to his outdoor shoes, a hand landed on his back with a heavy slap. He stumbled forward slightly, his headphones falling off his neck, and to the floor.

As he readied himself to glare at whoever caused his headphones' possible death, a light but audible gasp reached his ears, followed by a barrage of apologies.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" The person known as Yumikawa Hiruma bent over to pick up the fallen device. "Oh no, I hope it ain't damaged. . . man, I need to be a tad bit more careful next time. Here."

He handed the headphones to Sakuya, shrinking back with an apologetic look. He glanced back at his classmate's face from time to time, probably concerned about his first impression on such a serious fellow.

Sakuya simply shrugged, taking his belongings back and moving to leave. Suddenly, the kid's voice stopped him.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about that, but I came here to invite you over to a fast food so we can discuss our project together with those two ladies. I think they were classmates since junior highschool, so they're in the tennis club together." Hiruma started changing shoes, and dragged the green-haired male by the arm straight after. "Club activities would take a while, but I've already informed them beforehand so we can go ahead and wait for them."

"What?" Sakuya mused, eyeing the other individual's hand on his wrist tiredly.

"I mean, it's gonna be rude if we'd make them wait for us, so let's go on standby for them instead! Hurry up, Sakuya!"
As if realizing he was being way too familiar with a new acquaintance, Yumikawa followed it up flawlessly.

"You can call me Hiruma from now on, too. Nice to meet you, by the way!" He looked back, that same grin he showed in the classroom plastered on his face.

He was way too loudmouthed and chatty for his own good, and it made him seem like a local housewife being involved in the neighbor's gossip. But surprisingly, Sakuya didn't even recoil in annoyance.

He went with the flow.

---

A

s they sat facing each other in the fast food chain, Hiruma played with the ice in his cup while Sakuya simply stared out the window.

A little while ago, the light drizzle turned into a heavy downpour, reminding him of his nutjob of a master who disappeared all too suddenly after his plans for starting a war got completely crushed.