Hospital

(J's Pov)

I laid there.

"Here I don't want you eating this shit." Gerald said having one of his members take the food tray away.

I looked at him tiredly.

"Here." he said motioning another man this way.

He put a bag down and left the room. I looked at it.

"You didn't have to." I replied.

He looked down at the gun in his hand. "Well I had to."

"Thanks." I replied.

He nodded and kept looking at the gun in his hands.

"Was it true about what you said earlier?" He questioned.

"About what?"

"You know, about how you said you..... about how you said you were in love with me?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Well is it?"

"I said I don't want to talk about it."

"Did you mean it?" he asked not raising his voice. Just looking up at me.

A few moments passed before I responded. "Yes." I sighed.

I didn't look at him. Just sat there while I opened the bag.

He sighed loudly. "Fuck, this can't be happening." he muttered to himself but I heard.

"What can't?"

"Nothing."

I became silent and didn't say anything. Just sat there eating the food he brought me in silence. Worrying he'll start up a dumb reason to argue like yesterday. He's been acting up lately. Don't know why.

"I'm sorry." he finally said. Twisting the gun in his hands.

I gulped and looked at the gun with fright. He wasn't going to was he?

"Ger please don't." I whispered getting scared of that metal in his hand.

"I'm not." he said. "I'm not going to shoot you. I'm just apologizing for all this shit I did. That attack, that attack was supposed to be happening tonight at the dead drop. Not last night. And and that damn gang thought they could overthrow me. But no one can. I'm stronger than all of them. Better. And I'm only that way since you're here. But I did not want to hurt you. And I did. I said you wouldn't be in no pain as long as you were in my sight or thought, but here you are now. Hurt." he explained.

"It's okay." I replied.

"It's not. That damn gang is going to pay. They aren't shit so why should they rule? Why do they think they could invade my life and hurt you?" he asked getting up.

"Ger don't. If they're not shit then they'll never be anything but nothing."

He started pacing. Footsteps came and we both looked at the door.