Chapter 9

I woke up to Anduin shaking me awake, "Y/N Wake up" My eyes fluttered open "Where's Khadgar?" I asked as he helped me up. He pointed and he was passed out on the ground and a Golem is wandering around without a head. Anduin and I ran over to him and I shook him. Anduin pushed me aside and shook him "Khadgar Wake up, Khad-" and he slapped him. Khadgar's eyes fluttered up and He looked at me. Anduin asked, "You ok?" He shooked his head, yes. Khadgar looked over at the Golem "Quick thinking, Taking his head off like that" "That's the way I planned it" Anduin said has he pulled Khad off the ground. "How do we stop it" Anduin spoke in a hurried voice. Khadgar looked towards the Golem and caught his breath. "We need to get Medivh In the pool. You distract Medivh, as long as he's doing that," He breathed "I can distract the Golem" Anduin patted Khad's back and jogged off. "Y/N, Want to help me get this Golem to the pool?" Khadgar asked. I shook my head, yes and we ran in front of the Golem and Khadgar picked up a piece of rubble. He drew the teleport drawing. "Khad hurry" I spoke shaking. He finished it and threw the rubble at Golem. He stood back as the Golem inched towards us. We stood next to each other with our backs against the wall. The Golem teleported and we ran. Khadgar got into the pool to check on Medivh. I stood next to Anduin as Khadgar started to get fel in him. I moved forward, but Anduin grabbed my arm and stopped me. Khadgar's eyes turned bright green and shot a painful look at us. I stumbled backward as he shot a protection bubble around us. "You got this" I mouthed. He turned and looked forward. He tilted his head up and spoke a saying loudly "From Light comes Darkness and From Darkness Light!" and a bright yellow-gold light shined and blinded Anduin and I. After the light dissipated, Khadgar started coughing and was on his hands and knees. Anduin ran to him "Let me see your eyes" Khadgar looked up. He still had the soft, brown eyes He had before. He coughed a little more. Anduin raised his chin again "I'm proud of you". Khadgar chuckled, then we heard a screech, It was Anduin's gryphon. "I have to go, stay safe," He told me and ran out to catch to his bird. Khad pulled himself onto the edge of the once green pool. He looked at me with soft, sweet eyes. I ran up to him and hugged him. He squeezed me tightly. I whispered near his ear "I'm so glad you're okay" He kept hugging me, then we heard Medivh. I noticed what he was saying. We let go and "The Stormwind Incantation" I whisper. "Shalarom Geromas Shala-Shalarom Stormwind" Medivh whisper, It sounded calm and painful. We walked slowly and low over to him. Medivh had a single tear fall and shaky breathing "It's the loneliness that makes us weak, Khadgar," He spoke in a raspy tone "I'm sorry" Khadgar started tearing up and shook his head "I just wanted to help us all, I always did" Khadgar just kept shaking his head. The blue in Medivh's eyes disappeared and his eyes shut. Khad fell back and sat down, Medivh just died. Medivh helped Khad, He was under apprenticeship with Medivh. He had to be like a father to Khadgar since His dad sent him to the Kirin Tor and he hasn't seen him since. Khadgar is only 17 and just lost a father figure. I know he certainly doesn't act nor looks like he's 17, but he is. This is a lot for him. I slowly walked to Khadgar and hugged him. He just sobbed on my shoulder "It's okay," I repeated, "It'll be alright. You have me" We teleported back to Khadgar's room in Stormwind. He walked over and laid on the bed on his side then pulled his pillow to his chest. He looked lost and afraid. "I killed him" He said with a terrified, shaky voice. I walked over to him and sat on the bed "You needed to Khadgar, It was for the good of all Azeroth. Medivh did wrong while trying to do the right. You did the wrong for the right reason. You are brave, courageous, smart and sweet. You will be forgiven, Khad, trust me." He looked at me with welting red eyes. "I-I love you" He spoke through some tears. I laid down and replaced the pillow. I let him hold me to make him feel like he's protecting me "I love you too" I spoke against his chest. We laid there for a bit and I ended up sleeping I woke up to him organizing things and a knock came from the door. Khadgar opened the door and Antonidas walked in. "Oh Hello Y/N" Antonidas said. I'm honestly shocked for him to be here­. I didn't want to listen to him speak because he wanted Khadgar to be the next Guardian "Will you be attending King Llane's funeral?" Khad asked "Of course. It's the duty of the Kirin Tor to attend such transitions of power" Antonidas spoke with pride "And the war that is coming, will you attend that?" Antonidas just stood there "Then no, no I won't be Guardian" Khadgar said. He turned down the offer to be the greatest mage of all. Antonidas picked up the robe and walked out. Anduin was at the door and walked in. I stood up and walked over to Khadgar. Anduin sat something on the desk in front of us. "Garona's Dagger" Khadgar said with curiosity. Anduin sat on the chest at the end of the bed "I pulled it from Llane's neck" I looked at him with confusion. Khad spoke up from behind me "Well There has to be an explanation" "Yes she made her choice" Anduin said shaking. "I don't believe that" Khad said with pride. "Maybe you and I didn't know her a well as we thought we did" Anduin stood up "I don't believe that either. The king would die for his people, wouldn't you think he asked her too or someone stole her dagger? Garona, even though I didn't know her long, wouldn't actually do that. She wanted to help in the first place, right?" He shrugged and walked away "Do you think she did it because the King said so?" I asked Khadgar. He hugged me from behind "Yes, well maybe, we will never know. We can just believe she didn't do on purpose" I laughed "Hopefully"