Chapter 25

"How the heck did you get in here?" I asked Amber as both her and Xavier pulled me up.

"I have my ways," she laughed. "Anyways, what is wrong with Xavier?" She motioned towards him. Xavier decided he wanted to be in front since he was the man. The only reason I agreed was because he was ghostly pale.

"He got sick," I said keeping it as brief as possible. Xavier suddenly stopped. "What is it?"

"Don't talk about me behind my back without consulting me in the conversation," he said annoyed.

"Yeah, we got it bro," Amber said waving him off. I quietly laughed. The word bro coming out of her mouth just sounded so funny. "Ok guys no more talking from now on until we get out. We are passing over a bunch of the officers offices." Amber said in a hushed tone.

We kept going in a complete silence. I struggled as my hips kept getting stuck in the smaller part of the vents. Here I thought that I would've lost weight from all this running around. I watched Xavier as he kept thumping on the vents. He could barely hold himself up. I tensed everytime there was a creak.

"Let's get out there," Amber said pointing to a vent cover in front of us. It looked tampered with. Was this the one she came in through? "Xavier go ahead a bit more so I can open it," she said.

"Got it," Xavier responded moving forward. He was so obedient when he was sick.

Luckily the place we were at was a little bigger so Amber could reposition herself to kick the vent. I flinched as her feet hit the vent. "Let's go, quickly," she said in a hurried whisper. We all climbed out in a rush. I grabbed Xavier making sure he didn't fall.

Alarms started blaring around us. We all gave eachother a look that told us to run. Amber slowed down her pace to help me carry Xavier. "H-how are you so strong Amber?" I asked her while running. She was a little girl, but she could carry a ton more weight than I could.

"I'm related to murderer. Now be quiet an run," she responded. I was surprised this time she didn't say Xavier was the murderer. I already knew he wasn't, but I was still shocked.

"We got to climb over that!" I exclaimed. A chain linked fence stood tall. Barbed wire wrapped around the top.

"Yeah, stop whining and let's go," she said. We went under Xavier ready to catch him if he fell.

"Let's do this," he whispered to himself. I looked behind us as I waited for them to get over. Cops were coming from all over.

"We need to go; now!" I yelled. I pushed myself over the barbwire. It tore into my clothes and skin as if it was nothing. I winced in pain and jumped down.

We ran without stopping. "Wh-where are we going?" Xavier asked hyperventilating from all the running.

"Just follow me," I responded and kept running.

We came up to a house that was all to familiar. I looked in the driveway. Only one car was there. "I'm home." I said opening the door.

A/N: I'm sorry for any editing mistakes this chapter was rushed.