chapter 10

I ran up to my room, locking myself in. What is going on? Why didn't they think I was telling the truth? Xavier was real this was real but my parents didn't think it was. "Why doesn't anyone believe me!" I threw a pillow at my window. But instead of it flying out someone caught it.

"I don't think you should tell so much you have neighbors." Xavier was sitting on my window ledge with a smug look on his face.

"Why are you here?" Actually what I wanted to ask was how he got up here.

"I couldn't let my prey get away." My heart skipped a beat. Why the heck did my heart skip a beat for this guy?

"Prey? I'm a human being." He was more of an animal than I was.

"You call yourself that, but would a normal human follow a madman around and fall in love with him?" I wasn't in love with him anymore now he was just another person that I knew.

"Your sister and mom stay with you." I pointed out. Why did they stay with him? He was a murderer!

"Of course they would there my-!" His voice stopped abruptly. Did he forget how to say family or did he realise I was right? "There close to me so I can't hurt them." He said while staring down at the floor.

"Aren't I close to you!" I quickly covered my mouth. What was I saying? He looked at me with a shocked look and jumped from the window ledge into my room. "I-I never said you could enter." He walked towards me. He grabbed my shoulders tightly.

"Don't get close to me or you will get hurt." He whispered. What did he mean I'll get hurt? Is that why he tried to kill me? He walked away jumping out the window. My heart stopped, I ran towards the window to see him running off into the distance.

"Stupid Xavier, I thought you were going to take me away from here." I whispered.

"Alexa come downstairs for a minute." My father called from downstairs. Now I had to deal with them this is the best day ever. I left my room and trudged down the stairs trying to make as much noise as I could.

"What is it?" I asked while crossing my arms and leaning against the wall.

"Your mother decided to tell the police about what you said." My whole body froze.

"B-but I thought you didn't believe me." My body started to shake.

"We thought it would be better to tell them just in case." I fell to the ground. I said that in the heat of the moment I didn't want him to actually get arrested. Tears started to run down my face. What have I done? My father reached down and tried to comfort me, but I slapped his hand away.

"I don't want this!" I started to scream. Even though I didn't like him I still didn't want him to get arrested. I started to punch the ground. I felt blood forming on my hands.

"Alexa stop!" My father grabbed my wrists, but I kept twisting and pulling away.

"Let go of me!" I screamed so loud the whole town could probably hear it, but I didn't stop. "If he gets hurt I'll never ever forgive you!" He let go. I looked up to see him picking up his phone and dialing the number. Was he calling 911? No, it was to long.

"Hello, yes it's me you can bring him in now." After saying that he hung up.

"Who did you just call!?" I felt the most terrified I'd ever been. Even more than when Xavier was trying to kill me. My father quickly grabbed my hand and silently walked me outside. Out there were the things that I didn't want to see the most.

"Hello Alexa, we are just going to ask you a few questions about this boy Xavier."