Ch. 27

Dedicated to AgathaRoza

Bursting with anger, Samuel read out loud we're not over! I miss your lips

''Why didn't you say anything in the car?" he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Samuel, I thought it wasn't important. I was thinking of the encounter with Vin. So, I brushed the feeling away. I thought maybe it was a wrong number" Julia was fumbling with her fingers. "I'm sorry"

I was terrified that something would happen to either of our kids. I felt weariness and nauseous, and Samuel was giving me a hard time. I was pregnant, and someone wanted my father dead. Yesterday, I found out Vin was behind it. Lately, I was having mood swings too. It was too much. I had a burning sensation in my chest. I closed my eyes, trying to seize the pain by calming down.

Samuel caressed my cheeks, he felt my discomfort. "Baby, are you fine? he asked gently. I nodded silently.

Detective took my phone and checked the number. He directed his attention to Samuel. "It's a private number. I'll try to get a direct access to the mobile cellphone provider's system. We could detect the location." He looked at me apologetically and said, "I know you won't like this, but you need a body guard."

"No. I have my husband." I blurted out. Instantly, I felt hot of embarrassment.

Samuel smirked while Detective shook his head in disagreement. "Negative! Your husband wouldn't be next to you at all the times. You need someone to protect you and guard you."

I looked at Samuel who was watching me intensely. "Mrs. Gates, he's right love. As much as I hate the idea not being able to protect you, I'm obliged to agree." I knew he was enjoying my discomfit. 

"Fine." I waved my hand to exaggerate my annoyance. The idea of someone watching all my moves was really irritating.

Detective opened the door and a young guy entered the room. He was in his mid-twenties. I noticed Samuel cringe; what's wrong with him?

"Mrs. Gates, this is Joseph. He will be your bodyguard from now on," Detective said.

The guy stretched his arm. I smiled and before reaching his extended hand, Samuel snaked his hand on my waist and shook Joseph's hand who looked slightly surprised. He said in a deep voice, "Mr. Gates."

The two guys exchanged a nod. Detective and I looked at each other, both trying to suppress a laugh at Samuel's reaction. Oh my, was he jealous?

The ride home was silent; the kind of silence accompanied by awkwardness and tension.

The three of us didn't believe the minute we arrived home. Samuel was acting like a hormonal teenage boy with his glare and jealousy attitude. Joseph was clearly attempting to act dumb and ignore Samuel by looking out the window.

The moment we arrived to the house, I dragged Samuel to our room and locked the door behind us. Well, I was trying to make sure Joseph won't follow us.

"Locking the door, you can't keep your hands away from me," he smirked.

I glared at him, "Samuel. What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" He started typing on the phone. I took his phone, and hid it behind my back. Samuel groaned as a result and stared at me with an evil grin. I gulped watching him pace his way with two strides. "Hand over the phone, love?" He said in a British accent. I cracked a laugh and shook my head. He sighed, leaning forward, and I pecked his lip fast for him to meld them together again. He startled me by carrying me bridle style. His phone is long forgotten on the brown carpet.

"You are my wife," he said between kisses in a husky voice that made me chill. "Your pregnancy makes you intoxicating, baby."

I couldn't utter a word. His touch was a drug to my soul.

I was placed on bed, and he hovered, suspending above me his weight on his elbow. His eyes filled with love and possessiveness. He will always fill me, own me, and sate me.

___________________________

It had been a week since Vin's escape, and I was being extra careful with all my outdoor activities. Better safe than the feeling of regret.

My mom's flight would arrive today. I couldn't muster the audacity to tell her about dad. She was going to be extremely mad at me, but he was well. He was getting better. Joseph and I were on our way to the airport. It had been six months since I had seen her.

Joseph had eyes like a hawk. I didn't consider him as a body guard, but we were friends. The guy was deep in love. When he talked about Amanda, his eyes sparkled with love. He was planning to propose soon. Thus, he was on pins and needles.

The airport was crowded. My mother's flight had landed about half an hour ago. I asked Joseph to ask the reason for the delay while I sat down since my back was killing me. Joseph was reluctant. He didn't want to leave me alone. However, I assured him that I was safe and a couple of security guards were roaming nearby.

I had been waiting for fifteen min; I sent Joseph a text informing him that I will be in the washroom. It wasn't my fault I swear but it was an emergency, and I couldn't wait.

After I finished my business and headed out, I found myself losing balance, out of the blue, two arms steadied me.

"Thank you." My eyes met dark brown eyes that became darker, and I flinched, gulping twice. 

"You're welcome, Mrs. Gates." The stranger smirked, removing his cold touch.

"Excuse me, have we met before?" I asked cautiously. I have a bad feeling! How does he know my name?

"I have a message for you." He fiddled in his pocket. I watched around, a security guard was close by and I sighed in relief.

He showed me a gun, and motioned to me to walk back inside the washroom. My heart started pounding as if someone was hitting on the biggest drum in the world. I tried to look around Joseph was nowhere to be seen, and what the hell? Where did the security guard go? He just disappeared.

I walked back to the washroom. Julia, think fast!

"I can pay you, just give me your phone, I'll write my bank account, and you write the number," I spoke out surprising myself.

He frowned.

"You -you can travel, open your own com-pany, and I would help you, just please let me go." I tried not to stutter, to control my shaky voice, but it came out as a rusty one.

"Shut the hell up, bitch or else I'll pull the trigger," he snarled.

"You can't do that, you'll rot in prison," I argued.

"That's it," he barked. He took from his pocket a handkerchief. I ran to the janitor's room. With shivering hands, I managed to dial Joseph's number. Instantly, I heard his panicking voice. One word, it was one word that I uttered weakly Help!!

The burning sensation in my chest accelerated this time. I was on the verge of closing my eyes, this time it was inevitable to seize the pain, the door collapsed on the ground and my senses went numb.

 Hope you all enjoy this chapter! 

I want you all to tell what you think what's going to happen next...

Kindly vote too if you liked this chapter :D

If you are eager to know what's going to happen next ,three episodes are available on Radish for free 

Take care and keep smiling ^___^