Ch.20

I think I had sweaty hands. Looking in the mirror, fixing the tiara on my head. It wasn't that extravagant but it added a touch of beauty to the dress. My mother insisted to put it on my head saying it was a gift from her Grandmother. "You look beautiful, sweet heart, like a princess," she said while wiping her tears.

"Mom, now I'm going to start crying," I hugged her. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Honey."

A knock was heard on the door. "It's time, sister-in-law, you look beauuuutiiiifuuuullll," Samantha laughed and clapped her hands.

"Coming in a bit," I laughed and mom nodded while laughing.

We went out of the hotel room and my father was waiting for me in the lobby. "It's time, my child," dad smiled.

I took his hand and the minute I saw his face, memories crossed my mind, our first meeting, the shooting, the conflicts, the laughs, tears, the smiles, his eyes... Life has a strange way in making us find our fate. We might cry, have bad dreams, but we would never fall, never give up. Sacrificing for our dear ones needs courage. We might give up everything for their sake, even if it meant our life would be at stake.

Samuel's hand covered mine. He looked at me passionately and gave me a genuine smile. The moment his kiss sealed my lips, he promised me to be there in sickness and health, to grow old together, to live forever and ever till death bring  apart.

That night we danced as if life depends on it. We looked at the starry sky and he told me, "Thank you for the sunshine you brought to my life."