"Ally, that's enough. You don't want her telling Vincent."

"She probably already told Vincent about what I said about her. No wonder he won't ask me out." Ally nudges Mia away and rams her foot into my stomach. I jolt and curl my torso.

"I didn't say anything," I say, slightly out of breath.

"Stop lying," Ally demands, lunging to grab my hair. She manages to get a fistful before she is stopped.

"Wendy!" Vincent calls from behind me. I can't see him, but I hear the pounding of his feet as he runs up to us. Ally retracts her hand as fast as she had put them on me. She gets back up on her feet, trying to regain some composure.

"Are you okay?" Vincent helps me sit up and leans be against the shoulder. I try to prop myself up, but I draw my hand back when I feel it sting. He turns to Ally. "What do you think you're doing?" he yells.

"Ask Wendy. She's the one who tried to cheat on you."

"How could she cheat when we're not dating?"

"Well-well, she was trying to flirt with Bryan on Saturday," Ally explains, completely ignoring Vincent.

"How would you know?"

"Bryan told me all about it after you guys left the diner. It's no wonder why Wendy was rushing to leave after Bryan rejected her."

"Bryan said so?" Vincent asks, his voice growing angrier.

"Forget about it, Vincent." I shift around, but a sudden pain on the side of my knee makes me wince. Vincent wraps his arms tighter around my shoulder and moves me closer towards his chest.

"See, even now she's trying to avoid it," Ally continues. Mia stays silent, distancing herself from the confrontation.

"Wendy's not like that."

"You believe her?"

"Yeah, I do."

"She's just acting. I didn't even push her that hard and she purposely fell."

"Wendy's not violent. Of course she wouldn't fight back, even if it was to defend herself!"

"It was my fault. I provoked Ally," I admit.

"Wendy, stop blaming yourself for everything." Vincent holds my wrist and examines my palm. His facial expression lightens as he blows the excess dirt off my hand.

"Why would Bryan make this up?" Ally argues.

"Why don't you go and ask him?" Vincent growls, keeping his eyes on my palm.

Ally starts to storm off and Mia follows her.

"Ally!" I call after her. She whips her head back, her fiery blue eyes piercing at me. "Bryan won't treat you right. You deserve better," I say sincerely. Ally seems caught off guard by my words, and stands frozen for while. She turns around and keeps walking, her footsteps much lighter now.

"How can you be so stupid?" Vincent groans. He looks at my other hand, which is still scraped but less severely.

"For making Ally mad?"

"No, for not defending yourself. How can you let her push you around?"

"She thinks I fooled around with her boyfriend. Her anger is understandable."

"But still, you didn't do it. She doesn't have the right to hit you."

"You believe me?" My voice was now wavering, my strong front was getting harder to keep up.