Deer eyes...

Hi guys! wow this is the first chapter I'm writing that I know I actually have fans! Thanks to all that are ready hope you guys are liking it. please comment and such I love to see what you guys think and talk to yall! enjoy - gabs <3

We all tore our eyes away from the movie to watch Liam stalk across the room and slam a door behing him. His walk was tense and his darkened face was glaring at the ground. Once he had slammed the door behind him, we could hear muffled yells from the other side. After a minute or so of that, the yells gave way to crying. The six of us exchanged looks, all of us had eyes big with worry. Poor Liam, what happened when he went outside?

"I think "'m going to go talk to him," I said standing up.

As I walked to the door I heard Annie say, "C'mon guys lets give them some privacy, kay?" I turned to see the four boys look at me with eyes off worry, so I sent them back a smile of reassurance.

Opening the door, I called out softy, "Liam?"

The room was dark except for the moonlight that was seeping in fro the window. It was just enough to see Liam's outline. He was curled up and leaning on the wall, his head hidden in his arms. His back was shaking from his crying, and his hair was ruffled up. I ran over to him and threw my arms around him. He leaned into me, slipping his arms around me, and crying into my hair. We stayed hugging like that and I stroked the soft tumble of his hair as he continued to cry into mine. My mind was going a mile a minute trying to think of what I could go. Try talking? Oh yeah that'll go great, NOT. Next! What if.... I felt it in my bones before the thought popped into my mind. I closed my eyes and sang.

and the tears streaming down your face...when you lose something you can't replace...when you love someone, but it goes to waste...could it be worse?...

lights will guide you home... and ignite your bones...and I try...to fix you

And high above or down below...when you're too in love to let it go..but if you never try you'll never know...just what you're worth...

(LOOK AT THE MEDIA THAT IS THE SONG!!! <3 gabs)

My throat started to close and I blinked back tears as I tried to keep humming the song. It became just a whisper of the lyrics when I felt something wet fall down my cheek and onto Liam's shoulder. I pulled him back and looked him right in the eyes. His were red and puffy, still crying. Looking at him, I felt a steady stream start on my own face. I forced myself to speak through the water falling down my face, "Liam, dry your tears, you have deer eyes..."

Rubbing his eyes, he managed a smile smile, "Deer eyes?"

"Yup!" I said, without giving a chance to ask more questions, "Liam, what happened...was it Danielle?"

He looked at me, tears threatening to spill over again, "I was so excited when she called. She normally doesn't have the time to. I was gonna do what you said and make it count but before I could tell her anything, she - she - sh-" he faltered and I put my hand on his knee for him to continue, "She broke up with me Mell...I could tell it was hurting her...she was crying so hard when she told me...but she didn't even give me a chance to try and fix things. She was too fixed on the idea that there was no time for each other, that we had drifted apart, that a few minutes of calling wouldn't fix anything...she didn't love me enough to fight for us..." He dropped hiz gaze to the floor.

"Liam look at me," I said, "She does love you, but she's just not as strong as you. There's some people that are strong enough to fight when their love is on the line and theres others that get too scared and already feel the heartbreak, so they're too weak already to fight. You can't blame her, and you can't blame youself. Maybe when you guys aren't as busy you can try again, but for right now. It wasn't meant to be." Liam looked at me with his puffy eyes, gave a weak smile and dropped his head again. "I know what'll cheer you up" I said, wit a lightblub going off in my head.

"What?" Liam looked up.

"Monkeys!!!" I said pulling him up and out the door as he asked, "Monkeys?"

"Everyone we're going to the Zoo tomorrow!!" I said to the rest of them, while Liam stood behind me confused.

"Errr...what?" Niall asked, his mouth full of food. The boys stared at us trying to process my announcement and both mine and Liam's puffy faces. Then Annie came to our rescue.

"YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! THE ZOOO!!!!!!!!!! MONKEYS!!" Annie cheered, clapping her hands.

"Right?!" I said, "Now everyone off to bed!"

"Wait!" Zayn said, "Don't you have to meet with Uncle Simon tomorrow for your song this week?"

"He approved of the song choice I texted him so he said I can have a day off while he works on the arrangment."

"Yay!!! The Zoo!!" everyone cheered.

"Off to bed!!" I cheered.

"Not so fast." Annie said, going mother mode, "all of you go shower off that pool-ness off your bodies, then you can sleep."

After several groans we all raced off to the bathrooms, desperate to get dibs on the hot water.

**********

An hour later we were all settled down in the living room. I was sleeping on one side of the couch with Annie on the other. Niall was sleeping on the floor by Annie's head. Zayn was sleeping by Harry's feet and had to keep rolling away from them in his dreams. Louis was curled up with a carrot next to Harry, who was sleeping across from Niall, by my head. Liam was on the floor, directly below Annie and me. The entire room was filled with snoring. The perfect sound to keep me up all night.

Through the snores I heard Liam whisper up to me, "Mell, you up?"

I rolled over on my side, so I could at him and whispered back, "Yeah, why aren't you alseep?"

"I can't stop thinking about her..."

"Oh.."

"sing for me?"

"What do you want me to sing"

"That song you sang to me ealier," his eyes were pleading with me, "please, it was the only time I didn't think about her...I was thinking about..."

I didn't press him after he trailed off. Instead, I reached my arm out to stroke his hair and I started singing the same verses I sang before. I could fell him relax his head on his pillow, letting my words seep into him. As I finished the song I whispered down to the now out cold Liam, "Sleep tight deer eyes..."

I layed back on my pillow and sighed, when I heard Annie call to me, "Hazza, you okay?" I sat up and shook my head, and she hugged me whispering, "I heard you call him deer eyes."

"yeah.."

"Care to explain?"

"I call you that when I know you need cheering up and I just couldn't think of anything else to say..."

"You're getting really close with him"

"I know, and its only been a day, but im close with all the boys, and so are you"

"True...how are you doing with Clay?"

"Terrified. But relieved at the same time, you were right Annie...and so was Liam..."

"Do you like him?"

I let Annie's question hang in the air, as she hugged me. After waging a battle in my head, I whispered, "No...."

A few moments later, I continued, "not yet at least."

BAAAAH! so sappy I know I know. I promise theres gonna be more fun stuff in the next chapter. Maybe some drama if i can think of how to use these ideas in my head. Special thanks to AnaNiaGraffigna for helping me out with some stuff on this chapter and the last one. Hope you guys are liking it! comment and let me know what yall are thinking! - gabs <3