Nightmares

Eleven's POV

The following Monday, I walked half awake-half asleep down the corridor between second and third periods. It wasn't terribly hard, but with barely any sleep, one foot seems like miles. I get weird looks from several people, but I honestly don't care. I'm too tired. 

I go down the stairs, take a left, and walk into the third classroom on the right-the chemistry lab. I was the first one in the room. Typical. 

I took my seat at the back of the classroom, and watched the other students come in as time passed. Slowly, but surely, I saw my friends walk in. One by one, Rory, Sam, and Gabriel walked in, and took their seats. I smiled at them, but Rory noticed it didn't reach my eyes. He gave me a questioning look as he sat next to me, but I shrugged it off. 

"No sleep? Again, Eleven?"

I sighed. "Nothing."

Gabriel turned around to face me. "When was the last time you got enough sleep."

"I don't know." I rested my head against the desk. It's been months. I missed sleep. Believe me, I craved sleep, but I just couldn't because of the nightmares. They made me fear closing my eyes for more than a minute, and when I did succumb to sleeping for just a couple of hours, they induced a fear so strong that I could be paralyzed, scream out in pain, or any number of things. Chris was just as scared as I am, and he doesn't know what to do to help.

The bell rang, and Dr. Welburn stormed into the room with his usual glare. "Copy the notes on the board silently while I take roll."

We all scrambled to get our binders and pencils out and write whatever bullshit he had on the board. I don't even know why I chose this class. Besides, I already knew this from previous schools, and they taught it at an AP level. Lucky for me, AP Chemistry is only offered for seniors, Which means that I am stuck with this ass as my teacher for the next six months. Boy, am I looking forward for holiday. 

I heard the door open, and lifted my head. I smiled when I saw Amy waltz in as if she was fifteen minutes early to class, however, she missed about five. Mr. Welburn graced her with his glare, and snatched the note she had in her hand. Her looks were innocent, but Rory and I knew the beast inside. We heard our teacher grumble, and ordered her to take the notes on the board while he starts the lesson. As she walked to her desk, right next to mine, she gave me a knowing look, and then one of sympathy. She knew to an extent of what was wrong with me, but not all the details. 

"How much sleep did you get last night?" She whispered. I held up three fingers, and she nodded. "Any nightmares?"

I sighed and nodded. Mr. Welburn gave us a glare, which stopped us from conversing anymore. He began the lesson, which talked about the basics of acids and bases, but I already knew this. I began to understand how Sherlock felt, bored and annoyed by everyone. As the seconds drew on, I began to feel the familiar pull of sleep weigh down my body. I tried to remain alert, but my senses slowly faded, and I crashed into a small fit of slumber.

***

I was stuck in a dark room with no windows. I slowly made my way towards the wall, and felt around for a light switch, which I found. I turned it on, and saw that I was surrounded by a swarm of strange machines. I felt my stomach drop, because they were from a familliar dream, the one that started them all. The pepper shaker-shaped robots always spoke in the same monotone voice, and their blue eyestalks always masked their inner beings. They would question me, and when I got to a point where I couldn't do anything else, they would kill me. 

They began their normal routine, which I had memorized, but was still not used to. "The Doctor has taken a new form. His regeneration process has brought us a new challenge. He resists our questions."

Another one added. "Where is your TARDIS?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. What is a TARDIS?" I scream. The blue eyestalk remained centimeters from my face, and my heart rate increased. 

The robot began to move away from me, and spoke. "He is the only one left, the only timelord left. Once we get rid of him, we no longer have any issues in our way, and the Daleks will be victorious!" 

I continued to scream at the Dalek. "I don't know what you're talking about! I don't have a TARDIS, or whatever you're talking about! I'm just a kid!"

Another Dalek spoke up. "He is resisting us! Exterminate! Exterminate!"

And then, just like in the other dreams, a hundred flashes of blue light hit me, and I'm reduced to ash."

***

I bolt awake, and don't recognize my surroundings, but I slowly realized I'm being half-walked, half-dragged out of a classroom and down a hallway. Dr. Welburn is dragging me by my shoulders, and I know exactly where he's taking me. I groan, and at least try to help him out by walking. He realizes I'm awake, and grabs my collar. "This is the last time you fall asleep in my classroom, DO YOU HEAR ME?"

I sigh, "Yes sir."

He gives me a glare. "You might be one of the smartest kids in my class, but I don't need another asshole disturbing my students. Sherlock gave me enough grief last year, and I don't need any more distractions! Dammit boy, get more sleep before you come into my classroom..." 

I hear him give me the same speech he's given me countless times before. He doesn't uderstand that I try, and that nothing's working. I hate falling asleep in class, especially his because he's an asshole even on his best days. But I'm practically cursed, and I can't do anything about it. 

We get to the office, and I find myself walking in the direction of the headmaster's office. Mr. Welburn opens the door, and makes his case to the headmaster, who looks at me like he understands. Mr. Charles excuses my teacher to go back to his classroom, and says he'll deal with me, which is sufficent enough to make him go back to class. 

"Sleeping again, huh?"

"It's not like I can help it, you know perfectly why, too. "

Mr. Charles sighed. "I'm sorry, Matt. I really am."

"I just want to sleep peacefully... That's all I want right now."

"Have you thought about seeing our couselor, Ms. Elkins? She could help."

I sighed. "I guess I'll try..."

He smiled, and scheduled a time for me to see her. "Feel better, Matt."

I nearly snorted, because I knew whatever Ms. Elkins would try wouldn't work. I've been through this kind of stuff before, and nothing's worked. I looked at the clock, and saw that it was almost time for lunch, so I took the pass he gave me, and walked towards the cafeteria.

**

Well then, I guess this is good enough for a delusionally written chapter... I needed to give y'all something, so here you go...  I'm really dissappointed because I had a great chapter written down, but I lost all the notes I wrote, and forgot everything. I have something planned for the next one (I think) so I'll try to start it ASAP. You can expect another update sometime towards the end of the week!