Hangovers are a Pain

Nine's POV

I woke up to the sound of a rapid heartbeat and snoring.

Damn, I thought. How much did I drink last night?

Slowly, I peeled my eyes open, and immediately shut them.

Too much.. Way too much..

I tried to remember what happened last night. The prank ran clearly in my head, Lestrade and I were rummaging through some rooms, drinking games with they boys, but no specifics. I don't even know how I got here, or who I'm with.

I heard a couple people snoring, one pretty loudly in my ear. I guessed it was my brother, who had that as a habit. Sure enough, when I was more awake and slowly opened my eyes, it was Eleven. He was curled into my side, a common thing he's done for years when we sleep together. What can I say, though, I'm basically his father. His expression was almost terrified, and he was whimpering slightly. A nightmare. Matt's hasn't always had nightmares, they started when he turned fourteen. I was the same way at his age. It must be a weird family thing, because when I turned fifteen, the nightmares were gone, with the occasional one that everyone in the world has.

I caught another glimpse of movement in the room. We were in Sam and Ten's rooms, both of them in their beds, and they were snoring much louder than Eleven. I decided that it might be a god idea to get some food, try to settle my stomach a bit, and not disturb the boys as they wake up with their hangovers. I peeled Eleven off of me, and started to stand up, but the blood began rushing to my head. "Fuck." I sat back down, trying to ignore the bile rising in my throat and the angry heartbeats that felt like miniature slaps. It was almost like my body was saying "Karma's a bitch."

I checked my watch. 9:45. Did I really sleep for only five hours? I gritted my teeth and tried to stand again; this time was a success. I carefully took a step over Eleven, and left the building as quick as I could.

I walked outside, feeling the warm breeze that flew by. It was nice and peaceful. I looked back at the building, and saw a small tent on the top of the twelve story building. I really hope we didn't do that...

There were very few people in the dining hall when I arrived, none of them from my group. I walked to the canteen and took some cereal and a sports drink. If only they had pain relievers... I sat down at a smaller table, near the wall and far away from anyone else in the room.

"Here, take these." I heard someone say. I turned my head to see Liz, handing me two small pills. I could tell she was trying to hold back a laugh. "You look like you need them."

I smiled at her, took the pills, and offered for her to sit across from me. "Thanks."

She sad down, and put her tray on the table. All I saw was a massive stack of waffles. "So," I said. "Do you plan to feed the army with your tray?"

She looked confused until she saw the stack. "Oh," She blushed. "No, I just... I have an addiction to waffles.. My mom used to make them all the time before she passed." She said with a sad smile. "She always put chocolate chips in them, and made them every Saturday. I miss that.."

There was a bit of pause, but before it became awkward, I filled the silence.  "What is your family like, speaking of which."

"My parents were killed in a car crash on their anniversary, about three months after I was born. I don't remember them, but when I was two, I was adopted by a newly wed couple who couldn't have kids. They were nice, and I was happy for a while. They made me feel like I was their own daughter, like I was wanted. But then, when I was ten, my mom died, and my dad became super depressed, things went downhill, and now I'm here."

I slowly nodded. "I understand how that feels. I lost my parents when I was younger. My twelve brothers and I were sent away, and me and Eleven were basically left on our own. I've spent most of my life trying to find them."

"Have you had any luck finding them?"

"No. I have no idea where they are."

Liz smiled sadly. "You will eventually."

I smiled back and reached for her hand that was laying on the table. She flinched slightly, but relaxed after a second. "Who would've thought that we'd have such hard lives?"

"No idea.. I wish I could tell you the full story, but.." She sighed.

"It's complicated." We said at the same time. I laughed. "Maybe someday."

She mumbled under her breath. "Yeah, one day when I'm pissed drunk and won't remember a thing."

Her eyes widened and her faced dropped. "Oh god, I didn't mean to say that out loud," She said, before laughing. I joined in with her, but I knew it wasn't entirely an accident.

Dean's POV

I felt a soft breeze on my skin as I began to wake up. "Cas," I groaned. "Why did you leave the window open."

Cas slapped me on the head with the back of his hand. "I didn't, dip shit."

"Go close it, then!"

"Talk softer, my head can't take this anymore." I felt the blanket move slightly and heard a small gasp. "Dean, wake up."

I groaned again. "Bite me."

"Dean, wake up." He started shaking me slightly. "We're on a roof."

"What?" I sat up from the small tent we were in, and sure enough, we were on top of Building B.

"Holy shit..." I mumbled. Ten stories up in the air... "How did we get up here?"

"No idea." Cas stared out towards the rest of the campus. He looked at me. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

He nodded, and tried standing up. He sat back down with a thud. "Nope. Not even going to try."

I smirked. "That's what you get for drinking so much."

He groaned, and his face hit the pillow. "I feel like I drank a liquor store."

I ruffled his hair. "And knowing you, you probably did."

A/N  I can't think of anything else to write... I have so much writer's block that it's actually hurting my head.