twenty five: endearing

I was excited to go out and explore New York. In fact, whilst I was on the plane, I made a list of the places that I wanted to go once I get here. But that was before exhaustion took over my body and swept me off into a deep slumber. So when I'm brought back into consciousness this morning, I wish I can stay in this very comfortable bed for the rest of the day and sleep.

Harry, on the other hand, has another plan. He pokes my nose every five seconds, urging me to open my eyes and possibly urging me to give him some attention.

"Harry," I groan with my eyes still closed whilst I slap his hand away from my face. "Go away."

"No," he replies as he pokes my nose again.

I shove him away from me, to which he chuckles because my attempt at pushing him away proves to be pointless – he doesn't budge at all. Screw his workouts and screw my weak arms.

"Bambi, you said you wanted to explore New York," he reminded me. I let out another groan before I bury my head under the pillow, a clear indication that I'd rather not do that. He should be able to get that, but all I get from him is his laughter that shakes the bed. "Huh, I forgot how grumpy you are in the morning."

Since he can't get to my nose now, he chooses to poke my rib. It hurts and tickles at the same time. "Stop," I command. He doesn't listen – I'm not surprised – so I remove my head from under the pillow to glare at him. How he can be so cheerful in the morning is beyond me. No one should be this happy in the morning.

"Get up, Grumps."

I throw the pillow at him, which he manages to catch so easily. I don't know why I even bother to do that. "I'm not grumpy," I tell him and he gives me a 'don't lie to me' look. I refuse to admit that I'm grumpy. "You're just too perky it's annoying."

"Perky?" He kinks an eyebrow at me as he throws one leg over my body and situates himself above me.

With his face only a few inches away from mine, I can feel his breath against my skin – he smells like peppermint and his aftershave and coffee, a combination that can easily weaken me. He leans closer and closer and closer, but before his lips can touch mine, I cover my mouth with my hands, suddenly feeling so self-conscious despite what we did last night.

"What're you doing?" He asks as he tries to remove my hand from my mouth, but I keep it glued there. "C'mon, bambi, I wanna kiss you." He presses his lips against my neck, peppering kisses all over my exposed skin. The urge to pull him up and kiss him is getting stronger but I'm not going to let him kiss me when I haven't brushed my teeth – not that it has stopped us before.

I push Harry away from me so I can climb out of bed. He lets out a groan when I put some distance between us.

"Why're you running away from me?" He asks, brows furrowing.

"I need to get showered," I tell him, which isn't exactly a lie.

"Let me join you," is his reply. He plasters a smirk across his face when he sees my cheeks warming up.

"But you've already showered," I point out, sounding so dumb as I say those words out loud. Harry makes his way to me anyway and swoops me into his arms. I try to wriggle out of his grasp, but he's got quite a tight hold on me so I can't run away.

He ducks his head to catch my eyes and his face takes on a much more serious expression. "Why're you running away from me?" He repeats his question.

I know that he's not going to let me off the hook until I've given him an answer so I let out a sigh and sheepishly say, "Cos you smell so good and I... I probably smell like death."